21

When he said this I laughed. I couldn't help it I laughed. He was definitely joking.

Matt looked at me as if I have really lost my mind.

"Whats so funny?" He asked me seriously. He looked so scared.

"Come on Matt be serious. Serious who is he?" I asked him.

"Rosalie I told you. I meant everything what I said" he looked really serious and scared. " everyone in the room is tensed because of him, yet everyone also wants to be favoured by him. The Mafia bosses are weary of it too. I know this because it's something that our whole socila class know about. He has that much of power. It's okay if you don't believe me, but please understand that he is not a man to be messed with and stay awya from him too. "

And then he looked around again. "We should get back to the party, just keep what I said to you a secret k. Please" he looked so panicked. I have never seen him this way. I then realised he wasn't joking. Thinkimg back to what that Asian man told me I realized that Damien is dangerous and I should stay away away him from now.

I mean I know I can't stop thinking about him and I know from the little memories I remember that he was definitely there in past but if he is trouble then I should stay away. Or at least try..

"I promise not to tell anyone. I think I believe you too" I assured him.

" really you won't tell anyone. Oh thank god I thought I was going to be in trouble. I dont know how you changed your mind but I'm glad yoi took me seriously" he breathed out. "Lets go and enjoy the rest of the party k. I think the floor will be open for dancing too"

He seemed to calm down too. He then went back to his normal mood which I was grateful for.

We came back and I noticed Damien still in the same spot talking to another bunch of people as before but the man who was with him the whole time was not. Hmm strange.

"If you are expecting him to give you attention he will not." Matt huffed childishly. I laughed a bit. Maybe he will actually not notice me. I mean I have been hwre for almost 45 minutes and he hasn't recognised me so what the hell right. I must have been overthinking. He clearly does not care.

That thought hurt me even though I didn't know why. It hurt me so badly.

" first of all I don't want his attention. I'm just a bit weary of him. Second, why don't you think he wouldn't give me attention? Thirdly are you jealous" I asked smugly.

" you are attractive so obviously, Yes I am jealous." He huffed.

"Aww you big man child" I pinched his cheeks.

He pouted childishly and said, "I told you... I'm not a man baby I'm a-"

"Yes yes an innocent child" I finished for him.

He smiled and said, " the reason why he wouldn't give you attention is because he never does. He doesn't bring dates, he doesn't dance with anyone, the only person I see with him all the time is that dude next to him whispering" he pointed with his eyes.

When I looked at Damien again that man who was with Damien the whole time before and who dissapeared had appeared and was whispering something to Damien. The gentlemen who was talking to Damien looked tense and they had all moved one step back. Because of that I saw him better. And he was directly in front of me. Those cold eyes didn't show any emotion.

His appearance was mouth watering. He looked like a god. I tightened my legs together.

" yup I don't see him in that much of events but events like this which is really important and special, and  that dude who is whispering to him, I assume is his right hand man,  is always with him" Matt said nodding his up and down. I smiled at Matt and peaked again at Damien. The man was done whispering to Damien.

Damien jaw clenched. Damien then told something to the man who nodded and rushed away. I think Damien must have given him something  to do. Damien did something then that made Matt and me both freez he without another  beat he looked right at me and started walking toward me ignoring all the men who were talkimg to him, they all were surprised too but looked like they didn't want to stop him.

" fuck fuck" Matt cursed. "He must have heard me" matt started muttering. "He is going to kill me"

"Matt calm down" I said in a panicking state. Shit shit shit.

He was walking towards me like I was his prey. Matt was panicking, I was panicking, everyone in the room paused and looked at the man who was walking towards me. Even the soft music the musicians were playing stopped. He was just few meters away from me. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at what this predator was going to do. He didnt move for a long time and now he was moving, and it was right towards me and Matt.

Suddenly an announcement rang out through the silent tensed room.

"Ladies and gentlemen the dance floor is now open" a speaker announced.

That was when Damien reached for me and gave out his hand, his cold look dissapeared as he smiled softly while his head turned slightly and said,

"My beautiful Rosa, dance with me"

And the music began to play.