The Solved Case Of Gypsy Rose Blanchard

On June 14 in 2015, the neighbours and friends of teenager Gypsy Rose and her single mother DeeDee Blanchard became concerned about their welfare when a strange status was posted from their joint Facebook account. It appeared that their Facebook account had been hacked by somebody with a sick sense of humour. The status read That bitch is dead! with no further explanation. At first, some friends thought that the two may have been watching a scary movie, whilst others thought it was completely out of character for them to use that kind of language. As people began to comment on the status, and others began to worry, the joint Facebook account of Gypsy and Dee Dee then commented on their own sick status. This time the message confirmed the worst fears of those that had initially been concerned. The comment read I FUCKEN SLASHED THAT FAT PIG AND RAPER HER SWEET INNOCENT DAUGHTER..HER SCREAM WAS SO FUCKEN LOUD Neighbours immediately called the police asking for a welfare check on the mother and daughter that lived inside a little pink wheelchair accessible house, due to Gypsies disabilities.

When police arrived and entered the house, they were horrified to find 48 year old mother and carer Dee Dee face down in her bed, with multiple stab wounds. Dee Dee had been there for days, and worryingly her daughter Gypsy who was wheelchair bound with countless illnesses was nowhere to be found. Both of her wheelchairs were still in the house and Gypsy was presumed kidnapped by the person that had brutally murdered her mother. Friends began to worry about Gypsies welfare and knew that if she had been kidnapped, there would be no way for her to escape without her wheelchair. An investigation was launched, starting with tracking the location behind the sickening Facebook status that had initially lead them to Dee Dees butchered body.

Just like that, the police were able to track the person behind the Facebook status as they had not thought to turn off the location on their device. Within just a few days of Dee Dees body being found, 2 people in another state were arrested in connection to the murder. The police then released a statement to the public stating that Things are not always as they seem. Dee Dee and Gypsies friends turned on the news that evening to watch the Dee Dee Blanchard murder suspects stand up in court, they were all left in complete shock horror as they watched Gypsy Blanchard walk across the court room with no difficulty in an orange jumpsuit. Gypsy was under arrest for the murder of her own mother.

The start to this unimaginable story and its brutal ending happened when Gypsy was just a small child. Her mother had always been an overprotective mother, controlling every aspect of her young daughters life. She didnt like Gypsy to join In with other children, playing games outdoors or attending school or having any kind of a childhood. She began to tell her friends and family that Gypsy suffered with sleep apnea, and would have to wear a breathing mask on at night. After this point, Gypsies list of ailments kept growing. One day she was in a minor accident on her uncles motorcycle, she scraped her knee, but there was nothing else wrong with her. Her mother unnecessarily took her to the emergency room and she was unnecessarily given a wheelchair. Dee Dee then told family and friends that Gypsy had a muscular dystrophy, cancer and she was now bound to a wheelchair, her list of illness went on and on, and people truly felt sorry for the poor little girl. Behind closed doors, however. there was nothing wrong with young Gypsy. Her mother forced her to have a feeding tube inserted into her stomach so she could control what went into her daughters system. Gypsy often appeared drowsy and this could be due to what her mother was inserting into her daughters system, to give off the impression that her healthy daughter was in fact very unwell. She would also shave her daughters head before her hair could grow, telling her daughter it was the best thing to do, as the chemotherapy would make her hair fall out anyway. The amount of unnecessary surgery that Dee Dee put her daughter through was evil, including having Gypsy's teeth extracted due to the medication rotting her teeth away. All this time, Gypsy believed she was a sick, dying young girl.