Eye for an eye: part 1

There was nothing but strained silence and a quiet desire to kill within the medical wing hallway. Talion and Idril, like a pair of inpatient predators, paced the opposite sides of the echoing hallway. Baranor sat on a chair, next to a pair of wooden doors, face in his hands. His voice was very much tired and impatient sounding.

"Could you two stop pacing?"

"No."

"Why should I?"

Baranor, unfazed by the growls, lifted his face out of his hands, looking more and more tired by the minute.

"You two pacing around just makes me more nervous."

Both gave a heavier growl than before, but, to his credit, Talion stopped his pacing while Idril's only intensified.

"It helps calm ME down!"

Baranor signed, knowing that his request was futile.

"And yet it's not helping Redd and the group of rangers led."

Another set of growls followed.

"And yet all we can do is just stand around, still not contributing anything to their unforeseeable recovery."

Talion crossed his arms as his furious gaze fixated upon the wooden door to Baranor's side.

"What's taking so long?"

With a heavy sigh, Talion fell into a chair opposite Baranor, absentmindedly fiddling with the silver ring on his hand as Idril finally stopped her pacing. Both her and Baranor fell silent for a moment, watching the shining band, it is carved elven scripts lightly pulsing with green light.

"You know that there's a verse about the ring, right?"

Idril's voice carried carefully through the hallway as a somewhat amused smirk appeared upon the nazgûl's face, yet not reaching his hellish eyes.

"Oh my, already? That did not take long. And what exactly does the verse say?"

One of Baranor's brows rose.

"You don't know the verse?"

"I thought that was obvious."

Idril's brows almost audibly furrowed.

"But it was written on the doors of your then tomb."

"It might have. But, then again, I was on the other side of said door."

Idril finally sat down next to Baranor, just as she followed Talion's example and fixed her furious gaze upon, still closed, wooden medical wing doors. The heavy silence was only lifted by the elder Haradrim.

"Would you be able to read it if we showed you?"

Talion, finally, shifted his gaze from the door and onto the ceiling, for a moment deep in thought.

"Well... That depends on the script as well as the language of..."

Talion suddenly shot up from his seat, immediately followed by the confused Idril and Baranor.

"What's happening?"

Baranor's question fell on deaf ears as the nazgûl was transfixed upon the medical bay door. It took what seemed like an eternity for the door to finally open and reveal the three healers. The two men and an orc stood nervously before the leaders of Mordor, deciding that the floor was far more intriguing.

"Well?... How are they doing?"

The healers exchanged knowing looks before turning to the worried ranger and his companions. The elder man of the group of healers spoke.