New Family

Emily's P.O.V

???- "Emily!"

I heard my name being called from downstairs.

Emily - "Coming!"

I straightened myself up and walked downstairs. I live in a orphanage and I've been here since I was 12. I know it's strange, but I have no memories before I got here. Once I was downstairs, I saw Miss Lee; the woman that looks after us. Sitting with her was a handsome man and a pretty woman, who I was assuming was his wife.

Miss Lee - "Emily, I want you to meet Lilly and her husband James. They want to take you in and if it works after a few weeks, they will adopt you."

Lilly - "Is that alright with you?"

Emily - "Are you kidding? That sounds amazing!"

Lilly beamed and James rubbed her shoulder lovingly.

Miss Lee - "Then it's settled. Emily why don't you go and pack and say goodbye to you friends?"

Emily - "Wait! I'm honored that you wish to adopt me, but what about Rosie? I won't leave here."

James and Lilly looked puzzled.

Miss Lee - "Emily, I understand that you don't want to leave her, but I'm not sure if it will work. I'm sorry sweetheart."

Emily - "Miss Lee I can't leave Rosie! She's like a daughter to me and she thinks I'm her mother."

Miss Lee - "Then how about this, I will discuss it with them and explain the situation. But if they say no, then I'm afraid I cant let her go."

I sighed deeply, it was better than nothing.

Emily - "Okay fine."

I walked back up the stairs to and int to find my room, to find Rosie awake looking around .I walked over and picked her up.

Emily - "Hey sweetie how are you this morning?"

I know she can't talk, but I always seem to know what she is saying. With her on my hip, I pulled out my suitcase, put it on my bed and started throwing my stuff in it. When I was half way through, there was a knock at my door.

Emily - "Come In!"

The door opened and Lilly walked in.

Lilly - "Hey I just came to see if you're almost ready?"

Emily - "Yeah I'm just about done, but what about Rosie?"

Lilly - "Well sweetie, I've been told that this very beautiful little girl thinks of you as her mummy, and my husband and I would never think of splitting up a mother and child. So Rosie is welcome to come along with us.

I squealed and hugged Lilly with my free hand.

Lilly- "Now, this is might seem like a strange question, but how old are you? Miss Lee never mentioned it."

Emily - "Oh I'm 16, but most people think I'm older than that."

Lilly - "Okay well then we will have to get you enrolled in school."

Emily - "Rosie's only 6 months old! I'm not leaving her alone all day!"

Lilly - "Emily it's okay. The school in our area has childcare facilities."

Emily - "Alright, I guess that's okay. I'll just pack the last of our things and then we can go."

Lilly sat on the edge of my bed as I gathered the last of my belongings and put them in the suitcase.