Chapter 16: She's Knows She's Hot, but That's All She's Got

As expected, Hot Chelle Rae gave the crowd everything they had. The crowd screamed, they laughed, they cried, they screamed some more. But once I saw Jamie stand up and take a microphone, I knew something was up.

"Oh, Alex," he sang, "Would you please make your way over to the stage?"

He turned around to look at me as I wildly shook my head no. But, lucky for Jamie, Ryan was there to help me walk on stage. And by walk, I mean he had to throw me over his shoulder. When Ryan put me back down, Jamie pulled me closer to him and draped his arm on my shoulder. I glared at him as the crowd stared at us.

He turned to address the crowd, "I don't know if any of you noticed, but there was one song on the new album that we didn't play tonight." The crowd erupted in screams and applause as I just stood there. "I wrote this song a little over a year ago for this beautiful lady right here, and I only thought it would be appropriate to embarrass the shit out of her and sing it to her in front of all of you tonight," he grinned evilly.

I stole the mic from Jamie, "Does anyone know how to drum, because after tonight, Hot Chelle Rae's going to need a new drummer."

The crowd laughed as Jamie pulled up a stool and took the mic again, "I love you too, Alex." He pulled me over and sat me down and smiled, "Now, just relax and enjoy the music."

I couldn't look anywhere but at my shoes. He ran backstage to grab Ryan's guitar and when he came back out, he made me look up at him before he started playing. He sang through Keep You With Me along with the crowd and when he played the last chord, he sat the guitar down on the stage and pulled me up into a hug. The crowd awed at us, but when Jamie kissed me, they went absolutely crazy and I couldn't help but smile. Jamie thanked the crowd and picked me up and carried me off stage.

Once backstage, I hit Jamie's arm and laughed, "Jamie Christian Follese, don't you ever do that to me again!"

"I actually think I'm going to have to make it a regular thing now. I mean, they already know it's our song. It's only a matter of time before word gets out and people will be expecting it every show," Jamie smirked.

"I hate you," I smiled.

"I love you too," he laughed.

While the guys were meeting their fans, Rebekah helped with merch and I was what I like to call the designated photographer. Which is just my obnoxious way of saying I took the meet and greet pictures. We were all having a good time laughing and messing around, and a few girls even started crying when it was their turn. Obviously, I knew that although there were perks to being on a tour and dating one of the band members, there would be those crazy fans who take everything too seriously.

The band was given a 10 minute break in between meeting fans to go rest or do whatever. I went to the bathroom to do bathroom-y things and such. When I came back out, John told us our break was up.

"Jamie!" I screamed, "Carry me!"

"Alex!" he screamed back, Okay!" He laughed and let me jump on his back.

We got back to the line and I kissed Jamie's cheek before jumping off of him. I smiled at the next fan as she handed me her camera, but she didn't look too happy. I raised my eyebrow, but kept smiling as I took their picture.

When she came back to get her camera, she mumbled, "Whore." as she walked away

I stood there, confused. I quickly pulled myself together and turned around, "I'm sorry?"

Jamie noticed something wasn't right and walked up beside me, putting his arm around my waist.

"I didn't say anything," she said.

"Yes, you did. I heard you say something."

She looked at Jamie, then back at me, "No, I didn't."

I knew she was lying so I looked at Jamie, "Could you excuse us for a minute?"

Jamie looked at me, worried. I smiled, assuring him I'd be alright.

When he walked away, she repeated what I had thought she said in the first place, but it was actually loud enough for me to be sure I heard it right, "Whore."

"Um, how am I a whore?" I asked, resting my right hand on my hip.

She looked straight at me and replied, acting as if I were the stupidest person she'd ever met, "You're dating Jamie, but you hang all over Ryan, Nash, and Ian."

I laughed bitterly, "They're my best friends! You don't even know me!"

The next thing I knew, she tried to spit on me. Lucky enough for me, I was able to get out of the way before it hit me, but in the process, I landed on the ground.

"Shit!" I gasped.