BOOK ZERO: Right by my Side: OVERTIME: last update

Alam ni Kathryn at sigurado siyang maalala niya lagi ang lugar kung saan siya nakatayo ng mga oras na iyon.

     It’s her dream house… It’s Daniels dream house…

      This place will always be etched in her mind along with the memories that it held and kept through the years.

     Her foot slowly took a careful step on the marble floor that seemed always to invite her in this big white house.

     Her eyes slowly adjusted to the light coming from the countless window panes along the sides. Through her thick glasses she saw how the beams of the setting sun warmly bathed the whole house with its light.

     The scenery before her seemed to radiate life.

     Her squinted eyes patiently scanned the whole span of the place and took in all the details… from the grand foyer, the sturdy staircase, the elegant dining area up to the open gourmet kitchen. She didn’t forget to pay attention to the garden outside along with the barbeque area, play ground and the swimming pool.

     She contemplated on how this house was made… every detail… each furniture… every corner and bend… even the littlest stone that managed to be a part of this house… all of them was touched by his hands… all of them made possible... only for her.

     Slowly and surely she made another step because her bent back hurt so much from prolonged standing.

     Dahan-dahang dinaanan ni Kath ang di mabilang na picture frame na may ibat-ibang hugis at laki. Bawat isa may kalakip na alaalang napreserba sa loob ng madaming taon.

     Mga ala-alang hindi alam ni Kath kung hanggang kalian niya maalala…

     Pinadaan ni Kath ang kulubot na daliri sa isang litrato sa sala. Napangiti siya.

--

Nakaupo ito sa upuan nakatingin sa umiiyak na karga habang si Jaden ume-eksena sa likod ng ama sinisilip ang bagong kapatid. Daniel looked nervous while holding their princess. Kakagising lang ni Kath noon pagkatapos niyang ma-operahan.

 “Daniel. Hawakan mong mabuti.”

“Eto na nga.” Tarantang sabi ni Daniel, hindi alam ni Daniel kung hahawakan ito ng mahigpit o hindi dahil panay ang sipa nito at galaw ng kamay habang iyak ng iyak..

”Uy uyyyy uy. Akukuru ku ku…” Daniel helplessly tried talking to the baby hoping she understood her father. “Sit sirit sit alibang bang salaginto salagubang hmm hmm hmm!” then he tried swinging the baby while singing..