Ricky Dillon Fanfic | Part 2

When I woke up, Ricky was gone.

Thoughts immediately starting rushing through my head.

"Had he wanted to get away from me?" I thought. "Did I miss the stop in Louisiana?"

I looked under his seat, and gladly saw his dark green suitcase laying there. The zipper was half open, and I saw a small piece of what looked like a shirt hanging out of his bag. He had gone to the bathroom.

I got up and walked to the back of the bus. The door was closed, and the little paper inside the handle said occupied. I heard the sink running, so I assumed he was either shaving or fixing his hair. So I walked back to my seat slowly.

I took a small mirror out of my purse, and inspected my hair and face. I looked like a wreck. My casually messy bun from yesterday turned into a grungy, bed-head bun. I had mascara flakes under my eyes and some on my cheek. I knew I had to do something about my sloppy appearance. 

I quickly wiped my face with a makeup wipe I got out of my purse, redid my mascara, and fixed my hair into a knot bun. And I did it all right before Ricky came back and sat down. His face was clean, and his hair was fixed into a much cleaner and shinier look. 

"Wow, you look beautiful." he gleamed.

"Thanks," I said. "You look amazing, too."

The bus stopped about 20 minutes later, in Kentwood, Louisiana. Ricky, the scrawny teenage girl, a big, tanned woman with a giant purse and a suitcase, and I all got off the bus and sat in the disgusting, trashy bus stop.

Ricky walked over to the concession stand to buy us some food, while I saved two of the cleanest seats in there. But even these seats had drops of nacho cheese on them. I felt like sitting on my suitcase to stay away from the disgusting grunginess of the place, but I stayed sitting. Ricky came back with two donuts, chocolate milk, and a bag of chips for the trip later. 

"Thank you." I said lightly.

He nodded and turned back to his half eaten donut. I noticed that he loved food. He had a look of love in his eye as he took each bite, haha!

Today, Ricky was wearing a green tanktop, and light colored cargo shorts. I was wearing the same floral shirt and teal skinny jeans as I was yesterday. I didn't have time to change.

The bus eventually pulled up. As Ricky and I were walking to the bus, the door suddenly shut. The bus staggered forward and sped down the dusty road.

Ricky and I looked at each other in bewilderment as our only ride drove away quickly.