Chapter 5: Alpha Training (Part 2)

Waking up the next morning to find Mason standing above me freaked me out to say the least. My hands flew up and punched him in the face, hearing a crack made me sit up and look at him.

“Ah… Shit Astra, that hurt,” he said walking to the vanity mirror in my room and set his nose back in place. “If I look funny in one hour I’m going to break your nose as pay back. Get up and get dressed in your training crap. We’re going running,” he said. 

I stood up and sighed, “That’s what you get for freaking me out Mason,” I said and glared at him before picking up the clean training gear that he must have washed. What a thoughtful guy… Not, he just wanted to kick my butt again later.

I walked into the bathroom and brushed my hair really fast and stripped in order to pull on the training clothes. Looking at my self in the mirror I sighed, I looked horrible, I could see about… Five bruises. Pulling my hair into a ponytail I smiled. 

Walking out of my bathroom and bedroom I looked at Mason, who was on the phone. From the sounds of it, it was his Mother, telling him stuff. 

“I get it Mom. Yes, I know. Mom! Look, she’s out here now. We’re going running for her training. Love you bye,” he said and hung up. Turning he looked at me and smiled, “Ready to go?” I just nodded staring at him. I was curious at what they were talking about.

We walked out my house and started towards the path in the woods that we had set up long ago. I didn’t know how long ago, but I did know that the Lumen Pack had been around for a really long time. 

Once we got to the path we started out in a nice jog, that way we didn’t burn out all of our energy right away. You know those pacer tests they make you take in middle school? They may be annoying but they really aren’t kidding when they say not to run on the first 10 or so.

About thirty minutes later we were running- more like racing each other. As we came towards a turn I sped up. There’s no way he was going to beat me; I made it past the turn. Mason didn’t. I heard him crash into the ditch below it, which made me laugh hard.

Walking over to the ditch still laughing I looked at him in a pile of old mattresses. “Are you comfy down there? I thought we were training,” I said jokingly. He made a face and stood up. 

“We should get rid of these, they smell disgusting,” he said shaking his head. I laughed at him. “What? They do!”

After helping him up the little hill we started towards the gym, walking, of course. Mason was limping, which made my laughter continue. The big bad Alpha Mason was limping over a tiny fall! 

As we walked into the gym, I rushed to the mats and laid on them kicking off my shoes. “Gosh! How ever am I to train now that the big bad Alpha Mason has been hurt!” I said making sure that it was overly dramatic. I felt him kick my side making me yelp. 

“Mason! What the hell was that for!” I said loudly. 

“You know exactly what that was for, now get up,” he said and took off his shoes. I watched as he tossed them across the gym towards the locker room. I groaned standing up and facing him.

Judging by the look on his face it was time to get serious.

Walking in circles around the mat we both waited to see who would be making the first move. Seeing his foot move foreword I knew he would be the one. As he move foreword fast, I jumped out of the way and tripped him.

It might have been a dirty tactic but hey, who said fighting dirty wasn’t aloud? 

Mason quickly stood up and tackled me to the ground holding down my knees and my hands, “What are you going to do about this Astra? This seems like such a great position,” he said and smirked at me. 

Looking around quickly and noting where he was pinning me down from, I quickly shot my legs up as hard as I could making him gasp in surprise, his hold loosing. I smiled and turned over the pin. I was now pinning him. 

“Well, well, looks like you have to work on your pinning techniques because they suck,” I said as the gym door opened. 

We both stood up to see his Mother walk in with a basket. I smelt the food of course, and so did Mason. Because we both took off running towards her, holding her hand up we skidded to a stop in front of her.

“Seems like I was smart to bring your breakfast to you, I knew Mason didn’t eat before leaving the house, but Astra too? Astra you are way smarter then my son,” she said and winked at me with a laugh.

“Mom! I am way smarter then Astra!” He said. It sounded more like a complaint more then anything. 

I looked at Scarlett and giggled before taking the basket from her and opening it. “He woke me up and got a punch to the face this morning. That’s why his nose looks funny.” 

“Really? Is that way it’s shaped that way?” She said playing along. He gasped and ran to one of the mirrors we had set up around the walls. Scarlett and I busted out laughing at his antics.

“You liars!” He shouted and stomped back over to us and sitting down on the floor pouting. 

Scarlett smiled and patted his face. “Hurry up and eat, then go back to training.” 

We followed her orders and finished eating and went back to training. I did pretty well, I threw him a couple times but towards the end I was still sore. “Training is done for now, I’ve got a meeting to go to,” he said and rushed off.

I frowned slightly but shrugged and went to the weight machines. I mean… Why not work out while he’s off at the meeting? It was most likely about him becoming the Alpha. 

Scarlett walked into the gym again and looked at me, “Ah! Good! A work out partner!” She said and winked at me.

I laughed, and got off the weight machines, “Sparring time?” I asked her and she nodded. We went to the mats and she took me down a ton of times.

A couple hours later we were both on the mat panting. “You are so much better then me… I only got you down on the mat twice.”

“Years of training Sweetie,” she said as Mason and Lupine walked inside the gym looking at us. 

“Really? You recruited my Mom to help you train?” Mason said.

“Actually, she recruited me,” I said and then Scarlett and I busted out laughing at Lupines face. We were both pretty bruised up after all.

______________________________________________

Well, here's the rest of Alpha Training! Have fun reading it. :D Chapter is dedicated to DancerinDisguise because of the awesome made media right there on the side! 

Anyways, Vote, Comment, do what ever as long as you keep on reading!

-Surryeon