Merlin: A Christmas kiss

Hey guys

This is sort of gonna follow on from Merlin haunted tree and an unforgivable kiss!

So this will be a set few months later at Christmas.

Sorry for the LATE UPDATE but hey i thought i put it up even if its a few days after Christmas day itself hope you like it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merlin's POV

 "Merlin can you hurry up? Will you ever not be slow?" asked Arthur as I put the Christmas tree directly in the council chamber.

"Why is this my job?" I ask.

"You are the manservant and I decided to offer to do it this year, so that meant you," smiled Arthur cheekily.

"Why? I mean when have you ever wanted to offer to do anything to do with something like Christmas, like happiness?" I ask.

"Well you see, Merlin. Gwen loves christmas," began Arthur.

"Oh I should have none," I sigh as I push him out the way a little too hard as I head over to get the tinsel.

"What was that!" shouted Arthur.

"Oh come on, Arthur. What did you say a while ago, oh yeah that was it. All it is to you and me is Horse Play!" I say loudly.

"Yes but the difference here is the fact that you need to try a lot better," says Arthur as he hits me right over the head with his hand.

I glare at him but I continue to sort out the tree while he watches and bosses me around, however after a while he decided to join me just in time as Gwen came in.

"Looking good boys, Arthur I wanted to ask you something," Gwen smiles.

"What is it?" he asks.

"This Christmas, I think we should consider inviting, Merlin's mum," beamed Gwen. I look at Gwen in shock. When did she ever decide this?

"Of course, you are right. We have a week until Christmas, I'm sure she can make it here in time if you send a letter now," smiles Arthur.

"I'll do it, she is my mum," I add on.

"Of course," smiled Arthur and Gwen nodded to agree.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry I summoned you, but I want to get to Ealdor quickly I prefer if she didn't travel here alone," I smile.

"I understand, young warlock it be my pleasure. I hope your mother will be ok with this," he smiled.

"I sent word, she knows all about you," I beam.

"Glad to hear it."

It took half a day to get to Ealdor. I smiled as the dragon landed nearby and I rushed into Ealdor. I haven't seen my mum in a long time and its brilliant that she gets to spend Christmas in Ealdor for a change.

I found my mother waiting outside her hut with her stuff. I beamed and brought her into a comforting embrace. "I'm so glad to see you."

Arthur's POV

Merlin sprinted into my chamber out of breath. I looked up and down him. "What have you been doing?" I ask.

"My mother has arrived, sire. I was simply helping her settle in and Gaius needed a few things and I lost track of time," Merlin tells me.

"I forgive you, now we have a lot to do. It's only two days till christmas," i tell him.

"I know."

Merlin's POV

I sat on a bench drinking and eating some food as the council room was full of sound, music and happiness. Christmas is that time of year to celebrate.

"What is up with you?" asked Gwaine as he took the empty seat next to me.

"Nothing, I'm surprised you're not drunk yet," I laugh.

"Something is wrong and hey don't be too harsh its Christmas," he smiles.

"Sorry, Gwaine."

This is the only time of year where the servants still have to serve but also can join in, drink and eat as long as they still do there job right. I got up as I saw Arthur needed more drink.

"Having a good time?" Arthur asked me.

"Yeah its ok," I say as I refill his drink.

"What has you in a mood? he asks.

"Its nothing," I lie as I walk away and out the room. I need some air. I stood outside just thinking when I found Arthur coming out.

"I wondered where you had gone," says Arthur.

"When do you normally care?"

"That's true but your mother is in there," says Arthur.

"Yeah right," I say as I head back in but Arthur pulls me back.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Misotoe," he points out before his lips touch mine for the second time in my life.

As we pull away Arthur goes to go back in but this time I pull him back. "What was that about?" I ask.

"What you talking about?" Arthur asks before he smiles and goes back into the council chamber.A Christmas kiss?

That kiss was just as good as the first one I had with him and I hope to god, I really do that it won't be the last!