Chapter Nine | The Warning

Chapter 9

The Warning

Logan

                "Your parents gave you a house!" Connor said, walking around the guest house in awe. "They actually gave you a house?"

                I laughed, nodding my head. "I don't know why. Maybe this is their way of telling us they're gonna have another kid."

                "The last thing this world needs is another Butler," Joey said, looking me dead in the eye. He cracked up and walked over to the couch.

                "I wouldn't sit there!" I said quickly.

                "Why not?" Joey asked while in a half squatting position.

                I paused, trying to think of something on the spot. Nothing came to mind so I told him the truth. "Well, Rosie was here earlier."

                "So?" Connor asked.

                I blushed, rubbing the back of my head. "Well... uh..."

                "Holy shit," Joey muttered, grinning like an idiot. "You had sex."

                "Well, maybe just a little bit," I replied, trying not to grin.

                "On the couch, Logan? Come on!" Joey screamed. "People sit there!"

                "Well maybe you should, it's the closest you'll ever get to sex," I retorted.

                Joey pouted. "You know, that hurts me."

                Riley came from out of the kitchen, a bottle of pop in his hands, and jumped over the back of the couch. He sat down, cracked the top and took a drink.

                Joey looked at Riley, then me and Connor, and the three of us started laughing.

                Riley looked up. "What so funny?"

                "Logan and Rosie had some fun before we got here," Joey laughed. "Right where you're sitting."

                Riley jumped up. "That's disgusting guys! A little warning next time maybe?"

                Joey kept laughing.

                "Look man, if it makes you feel any better, we were only on the couch for a couple minutes."

                "That's sickening!" Riley screamed. "I don't even want to know where you ended up."

                "What I want to know is how you only did it a little bit," Joey questioned. "How do you only kind of have sex?"

                I shook my head. "Did you know there's this thing called sarcasm Joey?"

                "Is it time to pick on Joey already?"  Wes asked, closing the front door behind her.

                "It's always time to pick on Joey," Riley said, giving her a smile.

                Behind his glasses, Connor rolled his eyes.

                Wes gave him a smile. She sat down on the couch, kicking her feet up in the process. "So what are we doing today?"

                "Well, can I first just say that Logan did the nasty on that couch before he got here?" Joey wrinkled his nose.