twenty seven

They walked them down the path to Malfoy Manor. Aurora didn't know what was going to happen to them, but she thought maybe she would see Draco. Her suspicions were confirmed when Bellatrix looked at them through the gate. "Get Draco..."

Draco wasn't sure what was going on when his mother burst into his room. He sat up and looked at her quickly upon seeing the look on her face. "Do you remember what we talked about?"

"What?"

"When I told you you couldn't act out for that girl, if they found her." She reiterated, and he jumped up.

"Did they find her? Where is she?" He demanded, his heart racing. He wanted to see her so badly, but not like this. Narcissa grabbed her son's shoulders and stopped him, looking him in the eyes.

"They need you to identify them. Do not act drastically, Draco. Do you understand me?" She told him seriously. He just nodded. "Come."

He walked quickly down the stairs after his mother and into the living area. He walked into the room and pushed past the people, seeing Hermione and Ron being held amongst them. He knew, then, that they were here. His face fell as he saw her and Harry, being held back on their knees by their hair. Aurora stared at him intently, taking notice of how bad he looked. He had bags under his eyes, and his hair was a mess. This was all terrible for him. With the cuts on her face from the tree limbs she'd ran into, they couldn't recognize her that well. They needed his confirmation. He didn't know what to do, because if they found out he was lying, they'd be in trouble. "Well?"

"I can't be sure." He shook his head, swallowing.

"Draco, look closely, son." Lucius walked up behind him, placing his hand on the back of his neck and squeezing. This was exactly what they needed to get back in Voldemort's good graces, to be the one to bring him Harry and Aurora. "If we were the ones to hand over Potter and Black to the Dark Lord, everything would be forgiven. All would be as it was, you understand?

"Now, we won't be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope, Mr. Malfoy?" Scabious intervened.

"You dare to talk to me like that in my own house!" He exclaimed. Narcissa walked up to him quickly, grabbing him.

"Lucius..." She cooed out, pulling him away.

"Don't be shy, sweetie. Come over." Bellatrix motioned Draco over. The four of them knew Draco recognized him, but they also knew he wasn't going to give them away. Hermione was smart to curse Harry. He knelt down in front of Aurora, staring at her with a remorseful face. They wanted so badly to wrap their arms around each other, but they couldn't. They knew they couldn't. "Now, if this isn't who we think it is, Draco, and we call him, he'll kill us all. We need to be absolutely sure."

He examined Aurora closely, just playing the part. Bellatrix grabbed his hand and put it on her face, making him turn it harshly so he could look at her closely. He moved his face over to her neck where he whispered to her ever so slightly. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." She whispered back. Bellatrix walked off. As he pulled away, she mouthed to him. I love you. He smiled, mouthing back to her I love you more. She let out a sigh of relief to know he still loved her. She was afraid he'd stopped after all this time.

"I don't recognize her." He shook his head. He moved over to Harry, then. "What's wrong with his face?"

"Yes. What is wrong with his face?" Bellatrix asked the Snatchers.

"He came to use like that. Something he picked up in the forest, I reckon." Scabious replied.

"Or ran into a Stinging Jinx. Was it you, dearie?" Bellatrix asked Hermione. "Give me her wand. We'll see what her last spell was."