Chapter 30

It had been a few years, now. I've turned into the wonderful age of 18 and today is my coronation as the new empress. When I think about what has led me up to this moment I feel a little sentimental. It's like I'm a parent watching Madeleine finally fly even if I'm actually Madeleine... I smiled as the prepared me, first we would be heading to through the town to get to the church and there I would get coronated and say my vows. After that and all they'll put a crown on me and officially name me Empress then take me out the front stairs of the palace overlooking a thousand crowds in my splendid purple and reds and then I'll be bathed in cheers~ wait what am I actually going on about-

         They finished me up and I got ready to be called to the carriage. August knocked on the door. Ive lived with this man for so long I've memorized his knocking pattern.
        "Come in," I called casually. As he came in he had a smile on his face, "Yo Leine!"
          I smiled back, "hello."

           "Why is it that I seem more excited than you when you're the one getting coronated..."

          Yes yes I wonder...  he magically appeared a strawberry dipped in chocolate and stuffed it into my mouth. The smooth milk chocolate hit my tastebuds easily and bathed me in a blanket of relaxation and sweetness. As my teeth bit into the juicy strawberry, it felt like every burst of juice that came out of the strawberry matched almost perfectly with the smooth sweet the chocolate had provided. What a magnificent taste. It really felt as though my whole body was drowning in utmost heaven.

         "Well? How's it taste?" He asked me.

            "Delicious," I responded almost too quickly bringing up a thumbs up on my hands.

            He giggled before I started to laugh with him. For no reason at all, I feel as though August brings down all my walls and allows me to laugh like a maniac for no reason with him. What an enjoyable relationship I've discovered.

         Suddenly a butler came to my door, "Madam, the carriage has just pulled up, I implore you to start downstairs.."

        I stopped smiling and put on a solemn face. Okay, Madeleine, it's tradition to not show laughter during a coronation of any kind. It should be easy for you, you've been doing it for years, let's go.

     I nodded before starting to get up from my seat. August held out his hand, I took it without a smile.

         We went inside the carriage together

We went inside the carriage together. For the first time I felt really happy.
The ceremony was long but at the end I was crowned. After it happened, I felt a sense of utter completion. What a day. We walked to the front stairs of the palace and there I saw them again. My millions of people.
"Our new Empress! Empress Madeleine Maria de Florente!" They yelled. You know the feeling when your friend you just met a year ago gets you a Christmas gift even though you didn't ask for anything. That good feeling of specialness, that's what I suddenly had.

Im gonna get married to August soon and I've become achieved my goal. It made me feel utterly happy. I'm not sure why, in my old life I would've kept a straight face even if I was so happy but.... I guess I've changed ha!

 I guess I've changed ha!

"Leine..you aren't supposed to smile-," father scolded. I laughed sweetly, " I apologize~~"
August laughed with me and suddenly so did dad. Lol I guess we totally trashed tradition.

Whoop whoop I'm empress now, y'all love your girl or what