XV: Search

Camellia's POV

I found out that it was not easy to lie, especially as the Villainess, when you're facing a pissed off Heroine that is holding a steak knife in her hands, and you know that she knows how to use it well.

Every time she stabs the steak and cuts a piece to eat it, I was conviced that the knife was going to switch targets the next stab.  But surprisingly, as Lillian listened to the bullshit I made up when I ordered a glass of iced chocolate; Of meeting a very old lady many, many years ago that healed me with Light magic when I got injured, she did not stab me.

"That lady seemed very old." I emphasised on the old part, that this lady with light magic has very likely passed from old age and doesn't exist anymore. "I never saw her again, but it left me with a vivid impression of Light magic."

"Mmn." Lillian hums absentmindedly, continuing to nibble on the steak. At least she seemed to have calmed down slightly, not mutiliating the beef anymore and dicing it into neat cubes instead. "Though, Light users tend to have a long lifespan." She comments.

Yes, I know that!!

"...I was lost, as a kid." I rolled my eyes at her, trying my best to be annoyed. "I don't even remember where I got lost at."

So even if she is still alive, I have no idea how to find her.

"Was this before or after the stars were snuffed out?"

"It was...none of your damn business. Geez, can you just finish your steak already so I can leave?!" I snapped at her, making sure to throw my sharpest glare. "I have a ship to the Academy to catch, I don't have time to answer your stupid questions! "

Completely unruffled by my outburst, Lillian puts both her knife and fork down, takes a napkin and wipes her lips with it, like some elegant lady. "Please excuse me, Miss. I'm going to the washroom."

"I don't need to know that. I'm-"

"Almost done with my food." Lillian cuts me off. "After that, I'll be heading for the docks as well. We can head to the Academy together."

"Well," I stand up, looking down at the white haired heroine in front of me. "I don't want to."

Gold eyes stare bore into mine, as if she could will me to stay. I glared back at her, telling her I am done, neither of us willing to be the first to look away.

One.

Two.

Thre-

"I'm sorry."

What?

I barely managed to stop that single word from slipping, freezing the confused expression I was about to make, settling for an indifferent expression.

"I...shouldn't have probed. You're right, It's none of my business." Lillian looks down before taking a step back. "I'll stop bothering you."

I stay silent, watching her leave quickly, almost as if in a hurry. The moment the white haired girl disappeared from my field of vision, I collapsed onto the cushioned chair, heaving a sigh of relief. Just in time, my iced chocolate arrived so I could cool down a bit.

Narrowly escaped changing the plot further, phew.

I picked up my ordered beverage and downed half of it in one breath, before starting to chew the ice in it as I thought. Since that is solved- only for now because I know how persistent a certain Heroine is- I just have to worry about my own problem: Getting to Arraxus Magic Academy without alerting any authorities of my presence. If that happens, it's game over for me-I'm certain that Queen Agathys will either a) kill me off or b) imprison me for life...Neither of which I want because it will change the plot as well.