Too Far

Mark, although usually quiet, can be loud, impulsive, childish and surprisingly mischievous when he wants to. Most of the time it happens in front of the cameras, so Jackson assumes it's encouraged behaviour, henceforth, he can understand. Or he tries to understand. He does his best to tell himself it's just fan-service, whatever happens it's just to make fans scream and giggle endlessly.

It means nothing.

That has become Jackson's mantra. Every time something happens that leaves his heart racing and body trembling, while Mark runs away, giggling and too pleased with himself after hearing the fan's reactions, that's what he tells to himself.

They are close. They have been closed since they met but Jackson started having real issues since their debut and Markson became such a strong favourite ship for the fans. Both Mark and Jackson were encouraged to interact more, show how close they were, almost letting them run wild there. Jackson definitely enjoyed it at first. Cuddling, holding hands, almost kisses, not-so-secret glances. He enjoyed that tension and how his heart raced.

He didn't enjoy when Mark took it too far and scared him.

Like those times Jackson had actually thought Mark was going to kiss him, showing out of nowhere, grabbing him by the neck and just charging, too fast, too sudden, leaving Jackson screaming. Just to then run away giggling without actually kissing him, leaving him with a racing heart and a clouded mind.

It started to become a problem when Jackson realised how much he actually wanted Mark to kiss him. For real. Not for fan-service. Perhaps the feelings were always there, but he did not realise them until then. Until after Mark left giggling and he stared at the eldest, feeling the longing in his heart, the hammering heartbeat, calling for his friend.

It was also evident when Jackson clenched his fists and felt like pushing Mark off of anyone whom he was being close with, like Jinyoung. Jackson discovered what jealousy really tasted like back then. Although in order to feel jealous you actually have to have something you're afraid to lose. No matter how close they are, Mark isn't Jackson's.

It becomes a problem when Jackson wakes up in the middle of the night, knowing Mark is sleeping just a few metres away, peacefully, oblivious to the kind of dreams the Hong Kong native has had in which Mark isn't just pushing too far but actually going for it.

It's definitely a problem when he can't sleep because he just stares at Mark, like a total creep, trying to figure out what to do with his life, because damn, he's so in love with his friend.

Everyone in a situation like him would consider questions like:

a) should I tell him and ruin our friendship?

b) how will it affect our group dynamic?

c) will he be grossed out by it? It's a thing to be okay with his friends being gay and such, but it's a very different thing when that gay friend is in love with you.

d) will Mark will meet his eyes ever again if Jackson confesses?

e) what if he feels the same?

f) what if he doesn't feel the same?

g) since when does he like boys?

For the one he has an answer, though. Since he met Mark. That was the first time he admired a man not just in the wow he's so fit. I wish I could be like that way but in the wow he's so beautiful I could stare at him forever way.

~

Sometimes, Mark takes it too far, off cameras, when he feels hyper and super happy because things are going great. Like when they get their first win ever. It's a big thing for everyone and they all hug, they even cry and continue like that backstage. But Mark does more than that, he jumps to Jackson's arms and hugs him like a koala would do, almost causing him to lose his balance, face buried in the crook of Jackson's neck while he can't stop giggling and crying at the same time. His breath tingling in the sensitive skin while he just holds Mark, standing like a statue in the middle of backstage.