Misery Needs Company

I landed with a sickening thud onto the sidewalk. The air rushed out of my body as I gasped like a fish out of water.

I let out a small cry as I just stared up at the night sky that greeted me.

I could clearly see city buildings crowding the sky, "Mother-" I mutter as I roll over at my eyes meet the hard concrete sidewalk.

Just awesome.

I hold back the tears of sheer pain that are racking my body right now and slowly stand up. At least this time I still had clothes on.

I knew where I was like the back of my hand, hell I'd grown up on these streets. I was home, downtown. On 3rd.

Right ... infront ... of -

The payphone next to me started to ring loudly.

My eyes shot around to the empty city around me. No one was walking on the streets, everything was completely silent.

Odd.

The phone rang again.

Mind as well.

I quickly brought the phone to my ear, "Hello?" I whispered into the receiver.

"Katrina."

My eyes searched around in confusion, "This is she" I reply back.

Silence. "ITS ME YOU DUMBASS!" I quickly yanked the phone away from my ear as the yelling made my skull rattle.

I winced, definitely a 60-40 chance he was still angry about what happened.

I pursed my lips, "Hey Blue ... so ... what are you up to?" I asked.

I heard hard mouth breathing through the phone, and then a watched in wonder as lightning flashed angrily across the sky.

"Katrina. Justice." he spit out over the receiver. I winced from the sheer anger the rolled off his tongue.

"You've said and done some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen. Ever. But I never would have thought that you were the stupidest shit I'd ever met!" he growled.

I glanced around nervously, I knew my words would have repercussions, and I should have been prepared for the passive aggressive anger.

"...I'm guessing you're probably feeling some type of way about what was said in our little Phil of the Future episode, but to be fair .... those baby names were adorable" I coughed out.

Utter silence.

Did he hang up?

There was a sinister laugh, true deranged, anger, villainous laugh that popped through the phone. "Katrina I'm going to kill you. I am going to slit your throat, bottle it up, and sell it to children as Kool-aid. Then I'm going to chop up your organs and go to a park and throw them at people. Katrina fucking Justice you make me insane. I am literally going insane! I WILL NOT BE THE REASON YOU DIE, YOU INGRATE!" he bellowed over the phone.

I chewed on my lip, "Well you did just go into great detail about how you would murder me-".

"I'm going to break all your fucking fingers" he hissed.

Literally where does he get this shit from?

"Blue-"

"Rip every single strain of your hair out of your head one at a time!" he growled out.

I rolled my eyes, "Blake-"

"Rip the fucking nipples from your body!" he raged.

That one made me pause, then snap, "Listen you dented lamp, we are in def-con level 5 shit. I get that you're pissy because I ... supported my maybe pregnancy, but it takes two to tango bitch. Instead of yelling at me, maybe you should work on your pull out game. Now can you please stop being a bitch and tell me where the hell I am, and where the fuck you are?" I yelled at him.