Us

Ahh! Hello! Welcome to my first story on Wattpad! I'm so excited that I can finally do this! Reviews and comments are welcome, I just hope you enjoy!

                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fresh mountain air. Cool and crisp like the large stretching pines that bask in its glory.

They reach toward the clouds, like an eager child grabbing for a toy. They climb ever higher like a persistent old man refusing to grow old like his body demands. They rise to glory like the most brave of the population willing to jump the gaps and reach full potential.

You think you know this. You think you see the snow-capped mountains jagged outline against the smooth sky. You think you see the pure skies and beauty of the evergreen trees. You think you have seen the true beauty of pure nature. You are wrong.

Nature is not this, but nature is more. Humans are the most accursed and blessed creatures to ever roam the earth. But since they have walked among the dirty ground and poisoned skies they have created, they do not know what nature is. Nature is greener than the most vibrant leaf. The skies are bluer than the clearest of days. The ground is as clean as polished glass.

You see, humans are unable to see true nature, as they can barely imagine it with their polluted ways. However, tiny human, you will have to do your best to imagine the brightest of days, the clearest of grounds and the greenest of leaves your mind can conjure up before you know true nature. Let me unlock your mind to clean skies and pure hearts.

But to do that, I must show you what you are really doing. I must show you what humans have done to us. I must show you what the earth was like when there was wild feral life and real trees. There was real grass and real mountains.

To do that, I must start from the beginning.

Now listen close, for I am growing old and can only afford to tell this story once.

                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're so slow!" I called back, cheerfully galloping ahead of my peers. How could they be so dense? The meeting place was only a few miles away and it was just a quick jog there. It would only be a little bit until we would become true members of the Call.

I slammed my paws down onto the earthy green ground forcefully to get myself to stop, in the process ripping up the grass and sending dirt flying. The earthy smells of the forest cleared away as I tilted my head up to sniff for the familiar scent of my two friends.

The first one I scented was Tyne. He had a very sweaty, salty and musky odor. It matched his personality perfectly I think. Tyne was obsessed with being the best. He always wanted to be the strongest of us all, and worked constantly at getting to that goal. He looked just like anyone else though.

He was a mainly white wolf with only red accents and sleek waterproof fur. He had the typical fish frills around his head and ears that the call tended to call "dragon wings" that were a bright red. It matched the long stripe of fish frills that we liked to call the "dragon stripe" that crept down his back and to his tail.

Like everybody else his tail was a bright accent color. His was red, and like everybody else's, was similar to the tail of a mermaid or shark. His dragon stripes on the back of his legs were smaller than others, so he had to keep them extended at all time, which tired him, but you couldn't tell. He was a tough wolf all around.

His red gills were like none other, long and big. He sometimes found it more comfortable breathing underwater than on land because of that.

Finally came his eyes. He had piercing icy blue eyes that threw off his look and gave him a menacing stare.

I tilted my head slightly in the other direction, scenting for my other friend, Lin. Lin had a strong odor that always declared his arrival no matter where he went. It was a unique smell and could best be described as onions fresh out of the ground with that earthy smell still clinging to it.

Unlike Tyne however, poor Lin didn't have the luxury of having his scent match his personality. He was a shy wolf that preferred studying and learning as to actual combat. Though he could hold his own, he preferred not to fight.

Lin was a grey wolf, with light blue accents. He had blue paws, blue ears, a blue tail, and dark and light blue mixed dragon wings around his head. His wings were the same color as his gills, dragon stripe and tail fins.

The only thing that could throw you for a loop was his dark amber eyes that looked evil and like they would pierce your very soul.

I shook my head once I detected Lin. His scent was disorienting and almost made me dizzy. I lowered my nose and sneezed, clearing it of all distracting scents.

I was a light grey wolf, with yellow markings. My dragon wings weren't a full circle around my head, only on the sides of my head. My dragon stripe was abnormally large, and everything else about me was average. From my leg dragon stripes to my gills, I was pretty basic. My eyes were a vibrant eager violet.

Light was filling my eyes as I waited impatiently for my friends among the evergreen trees on the light slope of the mountain. I paced back and forth angrily, kicking up dirt as I walked and making myself a mess.

As my friends showed up, Lin panting heavily and Tyne pretending not to be tired, I noticed just how filthy I had become. "Aw crap!" I shouted worriedly. "I'm a mess!" I moaned. "Now I'll never be a respected member of the call!"

Tyne just stood there watching me, and rolled his eyes. "Let's just find a pond real fast and wash it off." At this point I was rolling around on the ground, having a breakdown. "But then my fur will be all wet!" I sobbed, gasping for air as I panicked.

Tyne just sighed, letting his head drop as he shook his head. "Our fur is waterproof, dimwit."

Like two hundred pounds had been lifted from my back, I sprung high up into the air. "Well what are we waiting for?" I shouted. "Let's get going!" Like a rocket, I shot off into the horizon.

Tyne glanced over at Lin and shook his head, scowling. "We better follow her, or we'll never see her again." Lin just nodded, and the duo chased me off into the distance.

                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

If you guys don't know, I like to keep track of a few things while I write, such as how many times I rewrite a chapter or what songs I listened to. I also like to give you a small riddle before the next chapter comes out. If you can solve the riddle, I'll publish a small piece of it early on and then fill it out completely when it is finished.

Chapter rewrites: None. This chapter was written fairly smoothly.

Songs listened to while writing:

  Stephen Walking - Top of the World [Monstercat Release]

Skyrim theme: Piano Edition

Pirates of the Caribbean Theme: Piano Edition

Pokemon Meledy: Piano Edition

John Powell: Forbidden Friendship [How to Train Your Dragon]

This chapter's riddle: If you can notice something important about the main wolves' coloring, I'll post the first paragraph or two of the next chapter early.

Please let me know about any errors I've made and tell me immediately! I'll fix them as soon as possible! Otherwise, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Vote for the chapter, follow and comment to get your very own Tyne plushie and join the Call!