✨ Lie nr. 39

Lies: I didn't want to impose

Truths: I just wanted to hear your voice

Stella's apartment is surprisingly more girly and design than I expected, but then again, I have only seen her in hockey gear and someone so brutal isn't expected to have modern and artsy pastel decorations, everywhere. Or an even bigger closet than me. Especially since her boyfriend is over most of the time. I guess he really loves her based on his tolerance to pastels.

I found my people.

After another practice session and classes, I'm exhausted, so Stella hauled me over to the couch to take a break.

Well deserved, I'd say.

"What happen between you and Rémy though." Stelle says cautiously as she hands me a bag of salty crackers.

"It's complicated," I sigh, not even sure how to explain.

"Yeah," Stella shrugs, "Isn't it always though?" Her elbow nudged me in the arm. "Love is hard, but it's not impossible. Even the smoothest of relationships can go off road for a while, doesn't mean they have to derail completely. Bumpy roads still lead to destinations you know."

"Okay, relationship counselor Stell." I chuckle and playfully roll my eyes at her before chomping down on another cracker.

"Do you really love him?" Her question catches me off guard, but the answer is simple.

"With everything I have."

Stella's soft chuckle has me smiling. I have never had someone to talk to about this stuff, someone other than Rémy recently, someone I can just say stuff, without mauling the words over in my head twenty times before saying them. Maybe Stella yelling drills at me has lifted the barrier, or she's just my type of person. I guess the latter is true. Maybe both. "I would too after that tea cup gesture. Jake," also known as Woodsy, also known as her hockey rat boyfriend. "has never brought me tea or coffee during practice. Then I again," she laughs loudly. "I would have never imagined Miller ever doing that for a girl. You must be something special." Stella winks at me and my cheeks are burning bright. The temperature of my face instantly reminds me the effect he has on me. How much I freaking miss him too. "Why didn't you just ask me you needed a place to stay."

"I didn't want to impose... I-."

"You're not imposing," She cuts me off. "I have been looking for a roommate for forever so, are you sure you really want to go back to that fungus place?"

I frown, at her words but also because she just playfully snatched the last cracker from my hands. "What do you mean?"

"You want a room; I want a roommate. We could be carpool buddies too if you decide to try out for the team." She rushes out, dangling the cracker in front of my face. "Have you decided yet. Please tell me you have decided. Please let it be a yes!"