𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟮

No one's POV:

"Ma'am, please take a deep breath," the nurse instructed soothingly.

The woman obeyed, her tears flowing uncontrollably as she faced the intimidating sight of four nurses and two doctors, each armed with sharp medical instruments.

"One final push," the head doctor announced.

The woman exhaled forcefully, her tears persisting until the room was filled with the sound of a newborn's cries.

"Oh my God!" she exclaimed joyously. "My son..."

With tender affection, she kissed her newborn's forehead before the nurses whisked him away. The main doctor gently placed an oxygen mask over her face, and soon, she drifted into sleep.

A warm embrace awakened her. It was her husband.

"Congratulations, darling," he said, his smile beaming with pride.

He leaned in to kiss her just as there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," her husband called out.

The nurse entered, cradling the baby in her arms.

"We're pleased to see you awake, Mrs. Whitelock," the nurse said kindly.

Margi eagerly reached out for her baby, a radiant smile gracing her face, as the nurse placed the bundle in her arms and quietly exited the room.

"We haven't decided on a name yet," Theodore remarked.

Margi pondered for a moment. 

"How about Alexander?"

Theodore shook his head.

 "No, Margi... What about Harold?"

Margi wrinkled her nose. "Isn't that too old-fashioned, Theodore?"

The nurse reentered the room, sensing their indecision.

"Feeling a bit overwhelmed?" she asked with a gentle smile. "You can always ask for assistance, you know."

"Please, dear," Margi pleaded. "Could you suggest a name?"

"I was thinking of Dante," the nurse offered.

Margi and Theodore exchanged a glance before turning their attention to their newborn son.

"Dante... Dante Whitelock?" Theodore repeated softly. "It's perfect."

As if in response, Dante's eyes fluttered open, a small smile gracing his lips. Margi and Theodore exchanged a look of mutual understanding, interpreting the smile as a sign of agreement.

"He smiled!" Margi exclaimed with joy. "My baby smiled!"

(14 years later)

Dante's POV:

"DANTE!" My mother's voice echoed from the other room, breaking the morning silence.

"Yes, Mom?" I responded, my voice betraying a hint of impatience.

"You're running late for your first day of school," she reminded me, her tone tinged with concern.

"Right..." I sighed, a sense of déjà vu washing over me.

Quickly, I prepared myself and made my way to the kitchen for breakfast.

"Where's Dad?" I inquired, not bothering to hide my urgency as I attacked my pancake with a fork.

"He's waiting by the car," Mom replied, her voice carrying a note of resignation.