Introduction

Summary:

Carter Davis moved away from her Wyoming ranch about a year and a half ago after her mother's unfortunate death. Her mother always told her to chase her dreams, so she did just that. She moved to Nashville to pursue a music career. But when she gets a call saying her father has fallen ill, she rushes back to her childhood home. Once arriving, she meets her father's new ranch hand, Arlen. A drifting cowboy who just needed some work and a place to stay. As the months pass, Carter and Arlen grow fond of one another. Will she fall for the cowboy who has never stayed in one place long? Will he fall for her? Will he finally settle down?

Okay, hello my lovely friends. If you are here, thank you. Now I have some rambling I'd like to do before we get started. Firstly, I feel as though I am very qualified to be writing this story because I myself am a country girl. But anyway, I have ALWAYS (yes, the aggression is needed) loved cowboys. I loved everything about them. I also love the old western movies. (you know, Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, etc.) I love it all. (which I got my love for those movies from my dad and grandad, which then led to being called an old man because I have similar interests and hobbies as old men. Funny, I know)

 (And honestly I have no clue why I'm rambling about all of this, it does not matter. But I have no one else to talk to about the things I like and I consider you all to be my friends so here we are. You are blessed with my stupid ramblings) Another thing that helps my qualifications if how I was also raised with lots and lots of old school country music playing. (my favorite is Conway Twitty, btw) So that's helpful, I guess. 

Also, if you're looking for a good movie I suggest The Longest Ride. I read the book and watched the movie and it was amazing. (It's related because the love interest is a bull rider so yes I am still on the same topic) Scott Eastwood is in it and let me tell you he is so hot. Okay, trust me. (or don't it's fine either way) So that's that. 

Also, since I'm just posting this for the moment, I'd like everyone's opinion on a name for our cowboy in this book. 

So option one: Harlan. 

See, it kind of reminds me of if a cowboy joined a motorcycle gang and I'm kind of here for it. I think it's good, but I'm scared everyone else will hate it. 

Second option: Colten (aka Colt for a nickname)

It just gives cowboy, no? I love this one as well and am indecisive. Please help. Oh, and if you hate our main characters name and think there's a better option I am open to ideas. Just let me know. I want us to all be happy.

I think I am done rambling. Sorry for talking about boring subjects such as things I enjoy. If I could compensate you for that time you lost, I would. But I am broke. So I can't. 

Also, if you'd like me to stop rambling this much, let me know. Just tell me shut up because I tend to talk to much when I'm not stopped. So please feel free to tell me to stfu.

Now onto our regularly scheduled programming. 

Playlist

John Wayne - Rachael LaRen

Cowboys Go - Parker Graye

Where Did All The Cowboys Go - Abby Anderson

Cowboys and Angels - Dustin Lynch

Slow Hand - Conway Twitty

Lady May - Tyler Childers

Steady Heart - Kameron Marlowe

Dirty Looks - Lainey Wilson

Girl On Fire - Kameron Marlowe

Feather In Her Halo - Matt Mason

Feathered Indians - Tyler Childers

Like A Cowboy - Parker McCollum

Petty In The 80s - Karley Scott Collins

Fearless - Jackson Dean

Weatherman - Sam Williams or Hank Williams Jr. (whichever you prefer)

Wildflowers and Wild Horses - Lainey Wilson

Work Boots - Cody Johnson

And because you can't not have this song:

Save a horse, ride a cowboy - Big and Rich. 

Aesthetics