✧ 40 ✧

Beast craved the warmth of a human touch

Beast craved the warmth of a human touch. Seeing that poor helpless kid he tortured shivering in his bed allowed him to fill that craving. Disguised as a worried human, a changed man, he made his move.

The boy who claimed his name was Elliot had fallen into a deep sleep. He wouldn't notice if Beast curled up next to him in that filthy old mattress he called a bed. He wouldn't feel scared and disgusted at what Beast was about to do.

He wouldn't know a thing.

Beast planted his hands and knees on the mattress at the sides of the sleeping boy, with slow movements, careful not to wake him. The mattress sunk due to Beast's muscular weight. The eyes of the beast brightened with heat building up inside him. And that clueless tired boy breathed with odd shaky breaths in a restless sleep.

Beast admired Elliot's beauty despite being painted with various injuries. Big eyes thick with lashes, symmetrical gentle features, and a flawless fair complexion. Elliot's baby face radiated pure innocence. The longer Beast stared at him, the heavier the memory of Ned resurfaced.

Beast took a breath of longing and desire, remembering the love he once had. To be loved again. To find his soulmate. To have Ned all to himself one last time.

Beast would do anything to have it all back.

Even if it meant keeping Ned's doppelganger to himself.

Beast lowered himself hesitantly as he watched Elliot's shut eyes twitch in pain. He inched his face close enough for those brown fluffs to tickle his nose. He closed his eyes and nuzzled in the softness of the boy's hair.

Beast let out a hefty sigh, diving into the boy's hair, ruffling those chocolate-brown strands. Sadness crept into his eyes when he opened them. Deep inside, he knew it; he was so close to Ned, yet still too far away.

However, he refused to believe it. Hope was finally present in his life.

This new-found hope had given him a reason to live for, as a man, not a beast.

Beast moved his hand, reaching for the kid's face to caress it. As soon as he touched him, tingles ran through his veins. That spark of life vibrated through his body, elevating all his human senses; empathy, sympathy, worry, love, and fear.

Fear of losing him again.

And that was when he made up his mind.

Beast planted a slow kiss on the boy's forehead and whispered, "I'm never letting you go."

Elliot shivered as if he heard Beast's intentions. His teeth chattered and his breaths shuddered. A freezing coldness washed over his pale topless body. With his good arm, he moved to tuck the fur coat around him, but he wasn't strong enough.

Beast watched with sorrow as the boy gave up. Without a second thought, he snuggled with him in that large cozy coat, turning half-werewolf so the kid would receive more heat from his own fur. Then he wrapped Elliot in his arms and covered him completely, preventing anything but warmth from entering their embrace.