: ̗̀➛breakfast is meant for the kitchen, not the pool

I feel better than I have for a while.

My voice and laugh are different, but they're prominent. They've quickly become my close friends.

After I broke up with my first boyfriend, Jaewon, I was able to start healing from what he did to me. It's been a year, but I've been able to start smiling again.

Jungkook made it easier. Jungkook makes everything easier. Maybe that's why it was easy to fall in love with him and trust he would never hurt me like Jaewon did. He would never even think about doing something to hurt me like Jaewon did.

Although it still hurts to think about Jaewon and how he took what wasn't his to take, time is healing the sting as much as it can, and Jungkook is helping the process, helping to heal the sting of a wound he didn't create.

Jungkook is a better man than Jaewon could ever try to be. Jungkook is my man.

"How's Twitter looking?" I ask, patting Taehyung's shoulder as I walk past him to the coffee pot.

He lifts his gaze from his phone, clearly distracted.

He blinks. "Huh?"

"Twitter," I reiterate. "How's it looking?"

"Oh. Yeah, it's fine. The fans are talking about our newest single and...stuff."

I pause, my fingers interlaced around the pot's handle.

"Yeah?" I prompt. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, the song is fine."

"Yeah, I know, but I kind of meant is everything okay with you? You seem...distracted."

He wipes his palm across his face. "Just tired."

"Being a Twitter scout is exhausting, huh?"

He scoffs. "I can handle being a Twitter scout, don't make me laugh."

"All right, then what's going on that you can't handle?"

He grumbles to himself before muttering, "I don't know what to get for Hoseok."

"Ahh." I smile. "For his birthday?"

"I've always outdone everyone's gifts, but I'm a failure this year." He lets his forehead rest against the table. "Such a failure."

I pour myself a cup of coffee. "You're not a failure."

Making my way to where he's seated, I plop down beside him.

"Come on," I bribe, nudging his shoulder. "Tell me what ideas you have, and I'll help you choose."

"None of them are good options."

"Let me be the judge of that."

He gives me a look. "Someone's spunky today."

"Maybe just a little." I grin. "Happiness can do that to youat least from what I've heard."

This makes him smile a bit, and he relents, shoving his phone toward me. "Here's the list, sunshine."

I chuckle, scrolling through the list. As I am, a certain option catches my eye.

"He would love this one," I chirp.

He squints. "Which one?"

A voice sounds from behind us, asking, "Yeah, which one?"

Taehyung swipes his phone from me and slips it into his pocket, pivoting in his seat to meet a grinning Hoseok. The latter has a knowing look plastered on his face and with further inspection, his wide grin is smug.