The festival

"You'd still what?" I ask him, my eyebrows raised in surprise

"What?," He replies. "You said you love me," I say, a huge grin plastered on my face. "No I didn't, you're hearing things," He says dismissively, waving me off as he heads to the bathroom.

I grab ahold of his arm, "No, you loveeee me," I tease, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Fine maybe a little," He rolls his eyes. "Aww I love you too" I squeal. "Only a little," I giggle.

He laughs before slamming his lips on to mine, kissing me much more rough and urgently than I'm used to.

"I'm coming in! I hope there's nothing that could scar my poor eyes going on in here," Emilio calls out from behind the closed door, probably still traumatised from walking in on us kissing in the hospital.

Lucian groans as I pull away, backing away from him to create some distance between us. "Everything okay now?" Emilio asks me, concerned about my behaviour at lunch.

"Yeah," I chirp, giving him two thumbs up. "Alright are you guys coming? We're going to this music festival," He asks.

"A festival?" I repeat excitedly, never having gone to one before. "Yep and it's going to be hot and sweaty so dress accordingly," He tell us before exiting the room.

"Oh my god what am I going to wear," I groan, frantically searching through the tons of clothing Lucian has bought me.

"You're not ready yet?" Lucian says in disbelief after having showered and gotten changed. He's only wearing a pair of green shorts paired with an across the shoulder bag, revealing his perfectly chiseled six pack. 

"Help me please," I beg, getting stressed. He stands over me, looking down at all the options I have sprawled out on the floor before bending down and picking out two pieces of clothing.

He hands me a light blue sequin backless top in the shape of a butterfly as well as a pair of tiny blue shorts. "Are you sure? It's really revealing what if someone tries something," I ask worriedly.

"I can fight," He shrugs, pushing me into the bathroom. 

I get changed, tying the top behind my back before braiding my hair and adorning every inch of my skin in gold jewellery.

I have to hype myself up in the mirror to build the courage to wear this, my whole body is on show.

"Wow," Lucian says as I enter the bedroom, looking me up and down. "You know maybe we can skip this festival and just stay in bed," He smirks. 

"Nuh uh," I say, swatting at his hand that is trying to get into my shorts. "I'm too excited," I grin, practically bouncing up and down.

Lucian laughs, pulling me down the hall as we meet the rest of the boys who are patiently waiting at the front door.

We all head out, immediately being greeted by a man in black sunglasses sitting in a big SUV. "Lucian, Emilio longtime no see," He greets in the most monotone voice I've ever heard. 

The boys greet him as I look up at Lucian confused. "One of my families personal drivers," He shrugs. I nod in understanding, climbing into the SUV.

The driver takes us as far as he can but the roads start to become too crowded with all the people walking towards the festival. 

The loud music is heard from literally a mile away as crowds of people shove through the fencing and onto the large stretch of land it's being held on.

"This is sick," Tyler exclaims, staring at all the girls walking past in tiny outfits. 

As we climb out the car and start walking towards the entrance I start to feel the anxiety rise. Every since that party, being in loud crowded areas where nobody can hear you call out for help fills me with a sense of dread.

"It's okay," Lucian soothes, grabbing my shaking hand. "Yeah Harper we won't let anything happen to you," Carter reassures.

"Just stay near us," Emilio interjects while handing money to the ticket booth guy.

I start to feel better when I realise that we're not heading to the really crowded area in front of the stage just yet. Instead we sit on the grassy hills that overlook it while we wait for the performers to come out.

"Me encanta tu outfit," A girl sitting in a group next to us says to me. "Sorry I don't speak Spanish," I reply awkwardly, sending her a sheepish smile.

"I loveee your outfit!" She translates. "Thank you! I love yours too," I smile back at her. "You're so pretty," She compliments again, clearly drunk. 

"She's taken too," Lucian replies, snaking his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him. "Woah there tiger I'm not trying to steal your girl," She laughs. "Do you guys want a drink," She offers, holding up a bottle of tequila.

"How did you get that in?" Dex asks, recalling how they searched our bags at the gate. "We have a friend who works in security," She smirks, pulling a bunch of shot glasses out of her bag.

She pours some for every person in her friend group before handing two each to us. "No," Lucian warns as I reach out for mine. "Come on Lucian you're not her dad," Tyler taunts, downing his shots.

I've learnt my lesson about excepting drinks from strangers so normally I wouldn't even think about doing this but these people are literally drinking out of the same bottle in front of us so it feels safe enough.

Much to Lucian's dismay I down my shots, scrunching my face up when the sour taste hits. We sit in the basking sun, relishing the heat as we chat with the group next to us. Dex flirts with the girl, shamelessly staring at her chest in her bikini.

"Camila! What the fuck," A unknown man comes storming over, looking pissed. Lucian instinctively pulls me into him, shielding me from the angry man approaching.

"Whatttt," The girl, now known as Camilla groans in annoyance. "What did I say!" The man shouts, picking up the empty tequila bottle of the ground.

"I said don't do it without me," He angrily clarifies. "There's plenty more," She says, motioning towards their bag filled with drinks.

"No this is the only one with the acid in it," He says frustratedly.

Acid?