Story for song lyrics "Let me in your heart again"

I'm nervous as I approach the room full of people. Yes, they are my friends but that's not what's weighing on my heart and mind. These people are all in relationships apart from me. Mine has just abruptly ended.
As I take my seat. Dinner is served. And we all settle down to a nice dinner of steak and potatoes.
Naturally the conversation moves to that of love and I jump in no problem.
I take control of the conversation and even though my friends know exactly what I've been going through they don't doubt for a second I'm not happy in my current single situation.
I'm a great faker and sometimes I even fool myself.
My thoughts soon take over and people can tell that I'm thinking about my past relationship. The love of my life and all of the memories. Wishing with all my heart they'd let me in their heart again.
Instead they just ignore me and threw me out like a piece of trash.
I keep giving him signs trying to tell him the right way to let me in his heart again.
I don't think he understands it's my heart that is broken. A pain that aches and will never go away.
I guess he forgot we were once in love. At one time I meant something to him and I'm still that same funny and loving person he once knew.
But all those memories only now hurt me and fill my heart with unbearable pain. And I can't believe I'm now left unloved and in this situation. I never thought he'd do this to me out of all the people. If only he'd open up his heart and let me in it again.
I never wanted him to leave me this way. I want him to be here right by my side. Right next to me at this dinner. Holding my hand  again. Being a part of my life like he was once before.
I'm afraid too much longer and he won't remember me. And I'll just end up fading from his memory like a dream until I am no more. Until I no longer exist.
I wish he'd speak to me and tell me what he's thinking. I'd be present and ready to listen.
I snap back to my reality. As the stares from my friends continue on. They know where my heart now really lies and I cannot hide.
My door is always open. You hold the key to my heart.