𝟐𝟏; the girl

The Girl;

The Girl;

          𝐓o be going back to the harvest chamber of free will is something Clove will only find herself doing once.

And hadn't it been for the Grounder army caged down there, an army that will help save her people, that once would've been a doubtless zero.

Their people are marching on Mount Weather right now, so the very last task of theirs is to gather every person that is on their side; the Grounders included.

There had been a set of keys in each of their uniforms, in which one should fit in every lock of the cages. Clove flicks out hers the moment she sweeps through the gap in the door, aware eyes quickly adjusting to the poorly lit blue light.

"You take left," she voices, aiming for the right row of cages while distributing the task at hand.

Bellamy doesn't reply. He wordlessly strides toward the row in question, shuffling with the first lock as soon as he reaches the cages. "Get up, it's time to go."

Clove's already working on the second cage, offering the young boy a helping hand. He uses his bare foot to kick her arm away, emitting an instinctive hiss from Clove's lips. "Hey!"

"Slow down," someone speaks up from behind her. The unfamiliar girl is a part of Bellamy's row, brown locks tousled, and cuts and bruises littering her pale skin. She has just left her cage and is now watching the blonde with a determined eye, warily craning her head. "They just bled him."

Clove's focus changes from the worn boy to the Grounder girl, unsure of how to proceed. If they won't even leave their cages, how the hell are they supposed to assemble them as an army?

Bellamy turns to the Grounder, having caught onto the interaction. "Listen to me. There's an army inside this room and we need you to help us get them ready for fight. Can you do that?"

The response comes in the form of a deep inhale, followed by a rather unsure nod.

"Good," the man settles, gesturing to the cage Clove's standing in front of. "Start with him."

The blonde steps aside as the girl stumbles over, communicating with the terrified boy in their language. After sharing a glance of reassurance with the man, she moves on to the next cage, fingers scrambling for the lock.

A deafening noise cuts them off. It announces feedback on the PA system and immediately carries their attention to the roof where the speakers are located.

"My fellow citizens, this is your president speaking."

Green eyes lock with brown, dread paling their faces as though a thousand needles just struck them at once.

"I have news to share with you that will change your lives forever. For ninety-seven years, Mount Weather has been our home. It's left us alive, but it has also held us captive."