Prologue

I, Amber Hollen, the 14 yr. old girl with the perfect skin , a perfect BFF, perfect family, and perfect life is on a dirty old stinkin' school bus. Just kidding, I know I don't have a perfect skin, perfect family, and a perfect life like my school's most popular (and most snob), Cassia. But what I do know is that I have the perfect BFF, Corinna. At least that's what everyone calls her, but I'm the only one that calls her Cori...Probably until she gets a boyfriend then I probably won't be the only one. Anyways, as I look out the window, enjoying every detail of the scenery, the bus took a turn into Oakland Blvd. As the bus turns, a small dull red semi-truck crashes, making the bus tilt over, causing me to fall to the left side of the bus.
Everything went swift, causing my vision to blur.
The window breaks, giving me a few cuts onto my exposing arms and on my right cheek.
I try to keep my breathing steady. My arms are weak, useless. I couldn't get up.
I hear quick footsteps, so I veer my eyes up through the broken glass, catching a glimpse of a boy ,about my age, running up to me. Black dots were already invading my vision as he picked me up.
I murmur weakly, "H-help."
Then, everything.
Went.
Black.

I was gone.