Chapter 23

Liam

The last night on the island was incredible. I woke up the next morning thinking I'd dreamed everything up- Mel coming to my room, leading me to the balcony, letting me kiss her. Imagine my surprise when I looked down to find my blue-eyed beauty resting peacefully on my chest.

I think at that moment, my heart stopped beating. Then, she opened her eyes and smiled up at me. When she did that, I knew my pulse stopped briefly. That moment took my breath away.

We didn't talk about what our shared night meant, not that morning, not that night when we made it back to the city. Instead, we left the questions- the discussion- for another day. Before she left my room that morning in Aruba, I kissed her again as her arms drifted up and around my neck, pulling me close.

When her arms dropped, and she walked away, I didn't feel cold and empty; I felt excited for what was to come. We left the resort, both glowing, with smiles on our faces, so happy to have those shared memories.

I didn't hesitate on the plane during take-off and landing as my arm wrapped itself securely around Mel, holding her close, letting her know that I would take care of her. And she didn't shy away from me as she snuggled in close, resting her head on my shoulder, letting her steady breath tickle my neck.

She fell asleep like that, and instead of waking her, I let her be, planting kisses on the top of her head as I trailed my fingers up and down her arm. I finally had my girl in my arms; I never wanted to let her go.

~

When we got back home that night, we ate dinner with Tay and T.J. before dispersing to shower and get some rest. I let Mel have the bathroom first after I walked her to her room and left her with a searing kiss, forcing myself to walk away before I took things too far.

I went back to my room, trying to keep the images that stirred in my mind at bay as I heard the water flowing in the shower. My dick twitched in my shorts at the thought of her running her soapy hands over every inch of her silky skin.

Fuuuck, what an image!

It took a grand effort to stifle my imagination as the minutes ticked by and the water kept flowing. I finally put headphones in to drown out the sound as I mentally worked to tame the monster in my pants. Slowly- very slowly- he started to calm.

I was still half-hard with one hand on my bulge when I felt someone gently shake my shoulder. My eyes snapped open to find Mel standing above me, hair damp around her shoulders, wearing only a pair of shorts and a tee-shirt.

She told me she was heading to bed and wanted to let me know the shower was free. I thanked her as I sat up, hand still pressed against my junk, praying he wouldn't jump to attention at the mere sight of her.

Before turning to leave, she edged closer, coming to stand between my legs. My free hand twitched, begging to slide up those long, tan legs of hers. I swallowed hard as she told me goodnight before bending down, joining our lips with no sense of urgency.

By the time she stopped, both of my hands were holding her- one around the waist, the other at the back of her neck. I could barely breathe, wanting more but compelling myself to take it slow.

I watched as her heady gaze took me in before leaving my room. She was a vision. The way her eyes danced over my body, bottom lip curling between her teeth as her focus traveled down, down, down- I'd never wanted anyone more.

When she was gone, I let out a low groan at the way her eyes widened when she saw my hardening member. The look behind those clear, blue eyes was hungry, lustful.

I adjusted myself, knowing full well that my shower that night would be ice cold, especially when I replayed the way her nipples peaked underneath her shirt at the sight of me. Yep, she definitely wasn't wearing anything under that tee-shirt.

My shower lasted longer than usual. The cold bite of the water did nothing to stifle the hunger still raging in my nether regions after that encounter with Mel. I had to take care of that situation manually. Twice.

~

That was two days ago. Since then, Mel and I have had many stolen kisses, and we've become a lot more flirtatious, even in the presence of our roommates.

Just yesterday, I walked up behind Mel to grab a bowl from the cabinet in front of her as she made herself a cup of coffee. Her body was pinned between the counter and my own as I slowly reached for the dish, letting my muscles ripple with the movement, making sure she felt it before setting down the bowl in front of her.

I felt her breathing hitch as I reached in front of her to open the drawer she was blocking with those supple hips. Automatically, she pressed backward, further into my groin, as I pulled the drawer open to grab a spoon. Her hands splayed out on the counter, coffee cup forgotten, as I pushed the drawer closed with our bodies.

A long rush of air left her mouth as I gripped one hip in thanks before moving to the fridge to grab the rest of what I needed for my breakfast. I had no one to blame but myself for the raging boner that appeared in my shorts after that.

~

I'm spacing out, remembering that incident as I sit here with Chase and T.J. for lunch. My sister and her new husband got back from their honeymoon last night, and Chase wanted to catch up with us.

I see a hand in front of my face as fingers snap. "Hey! Earth to Liam. Are you okay, dude?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm good. Sorry, spaced out for a sec. What's up?"

Chase and T.J. share a smirk. "Who's the girl?" Chase asks.

I tense, feeling my skin start to heat under their knowing stares. "Huh? What're you talking about? What girl?"

T.J.'s shoulders tremble as he laughs, knowing exactly who the girl is. Chase sends him another look before facing me again. "Come on. Don't play dumb."

He points a thumb toward T.J. "You've got that sappy look on your face that this one gets any time he drifts off thinking about Tay. Who's the girl?"

I flash my eyes to T.J., who thankfully keeps his mouth shut, but gives me an encouraging look. I sigh as my head tilts toward the ceiling. "It's Mel."

Chase looks stunned. "Mel... As in, Mel, Mel?"

T.J. shoots a look of pure exasperation at Chase as he says, "How many other Mels do you know?"

Chase shoves him before focusing on me. "Damn. That's great, man. I'm glad to hear she's finally moving on from Justin."

His words hit me like a punch to the gut. Justin. I'd all but forgotten about him out on the island. I didn't think about him once since we got back. Not as I kissed Mel, flirted with her, had dirty images of her running through my mind each night. I didn't have one ounce of regret doing any of it until now.

My face must have given me away because the second the words hit me, Chase's face dropped. "Shit, man. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring that up. It's the lack of sleep. I'm not thinking straight."

His backpedaling isn't helping. T.J. must sense it, too, because he knocks Chase in the back of the head and tells him, "Hey, don't use the honeymoon as your excuse. You were dumb even before Lindsey started rocking the sense out of you."

Chase balks at him as the words sink in. His distraction worked. Now, I'm no longer thinking about the stinging feeling of my betrayal of Justin but the fact that my best friend is now married to my sister, who he just spent ten days celebrating their honeymoon with.

I cringe, shaking my head. "I don't need those images burned in my brain."

They both start laughing. After a few seconds, I join them, the biting regret brought on by Chase's words gone but not forgotten.