Chapter one- God of hottness

Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dovelyn's pov

"Dovey! Get up!" I heard a little voice whine. I didn't respond, I didn't want to go to school today. I heard the voice whine again before I felt a lump land on me. I kept my eyes closed and acted like I was still asleep.

"Dovey!" My little sister whined. I let out a laugh and say up, my little sister sitting in my lap with her curious brown eyes wide.

"Morning Riley," I yawned.

"Mommy said I could wake you up!" She giggled. The smallest things can please a three year old.

"You did a good job Ri," I laughed, gently picking her up and setting her to the other side of the bed. Getting up, I walked sluggishly to my closet.

"What color should I wear today?" I asked her. This was our normal routine. She told me what color to wear and in turn, I did her hair.

"Hm," she thought for a moment,"black and grey," she exclaimed, her eyes shooting open. I smiled and picked out the outfit I had in mind.

"Thanks Lil R. I'm going to get ready and then I'll do your hair, yeah?" I said walking to the bathroom to shower. She nodded happily and bounced out of my room, her dirty blonde hair flowing behind her.

Man I loved her so much.

I showered quickly and straightened my hair, after getting dressed and brushing my teeth. Slipping on my black high tops, I grabbed a hairbrush, a comb, and a couple pony tails.

I raced down the stairs and found Riley eating her cereal at the kitchen island.
She looked up at me as I set the supplies on the counter.

"Two braids today Ri?" I asked, she nodded her head eagerly so I set work on her long hair.

When I was done she had two braids running along her back and her fringe hanging out of the braids peacefully.

She jumped off of the chair she was in and raced to the bathroom, yelling a 'thank you!' to me. I smiled and told her I was leaving from my spot in the kitchen.

"Love you sissy!" She squealed, running back into the kitchen and hugging me tightly.

"Love you too missy," I said, grabbing her bowl and setting it in the sink before heading to the front door.

"Love you Dovelyn! Have a nice day!" I heard my mom call just as I was opening the door.

"Love you too mom! Same goes for you!" I yelled back, closing the door.

I quickly looked around for any people that may be watching me, before I walked behind the big bush tags my family had in the front yard.

I stood there and closed my eyes, thinking of it.

The color.

The texture.

The feeling.

Soon I felt myself start to change. Warmth spread throughout me and I welcomed the change. As soon as the feeling came, it left and I was standing behind the bush, still. Except I was smaller. I looked down at my white feathers before taking flight.

I raced through the sky on brilliant white wings. The high school parking lot came into view, already filled with cars and people. I dove down like a missile, twirling and landing gracefully on the ground behind a tree. I immediately turned back into my human form. I ran my fingers through my straight black hair with odd white high-lights. Strangely, they were natural. My eyes were so crystal blue they were almost white.

I walked out of my hiding spot only to be jumped by my best friend in the whole world, Avery.

"Oh. My. Goodness!" She squealed loudly, turning a few heads.

"What?" I asked looking at her pretty greenish blue eyes as if searching for her answers in her eyes.

"I love your outfit!" She almost yelled. Wow this was totally not like her, she probably finally has her first crush, I thought to myself.

"It's clothes. Riley told me to wear these colors," I shrugged, looking down at my black tee-shirt , gray skinny jeans and black high tops.

"Exactly it fits your personality so well!" Avery said grabbing my arm, flipping her blond hair and dragging me towards the school doors.

"Oh so now your racist, 'cause I guess I'm black then?" I joked dryly. Avery just shook her head with a smirk. They opened the doors to Birch High School of Musical Arts. Avery played the guitar, and me?

I sing.

My mom heard my voice and insistent enrolled me here. Hey don't blame me for getting caught singing in the shower.  Here I am, going to some high class school. It wasn't my choice.
I hate singing in front of anyone, just plain hate it. We headed to my locker first where I grabbed my binder, and went to Avery's ; The same routine, but it didn't get old. I love my life I just keep a huge secret, that I can turn into a white bird the size of a car tire, and can heal myself when I get hurt or if I am sick. So yeah I feel guilty but I would probably get locked in an institute for all the brilliant, crazy people out there.

"Hey, I heard there's a new guy here today!" Avery exclaimed excitedly.

"Is there now?" I asked. She just gave me the 'Duh' look and turned back to her locker.

The bell rang just as she closed it, and she rushed off to her class, while I headed to English. I couldn't wait for fourth period because that was my singing class where I could have a break from unfamiliar words being stuffed in my head.

The morning past quickly and finally fourth period! I sank down in my seat with a sigh of relief.
"Hi." Someone said. I whipped around to face ohmigod, a God of hotness. Jet black hair fell down on his forehead, eyes that were similar to mine but didn't reach my level of intensity. They held mischief and....longing? Someone could drown in those beautiful things, full lips, and long lashes. I almost passed out on the spot. He was sitting by me!

"Hello," I managed to stutter, staring at him.

"My name is Raven, what's yours?" He asked in a gentle voice.
"Dovelyn. Are you new?" I asked him. He nodded and slid her a half smile as the teacher walked in.

The teacher introduced Raven to the class and then started to teach the class about breathing techniques for holding long notes. I took notes but mostly stared at Raven. Thank the Gods he didn't notice. I think I actually caught him staring at me a couple of times.

The bell rang for lunch and just as I was gonna leave someone snatched my wrist and pulled me back into the classroom, I gasped in surprise.

"Can I eat lunch with you Dovelyn?" Raven asked. Oh man I loved the sound of my name being said in his deep but gentle tone. I got butterflies. Hardcore butterflies. I managed to nod, hating how he made me tongue-tied. He smiled a heart melting smile and kept pace with me as I went to the lunchroom.

How'd I feel about this? Well let's just say there is a spark between us.