Chapter 39: Confession

Beg me for mercy, admit you were toxicYou poisoned me just for, another dollar in your pocketNow I am the violence, I am the sicknessWon't accept your silence, beg me for forgiveness

You poisoned me just for, another dollar in your pocket
Now I am the violence, I am the sickness
Won't accept your silence, beg me for forgiveness

SAGE POV

I held the bag of frozen peas under my eye and Caden had a bag of frozen tater tots alternating it between his cheek and jaw.

Ryan was sitting in front of us on Caden's gaming chair, tapped to the armrest and against the backrest too. We got him here with the help of Mrs. Jones' garden cart.

I winced and Caden said "What did we learn today, kids? Never give Sage Asher choices because he will always pick an option that DOES NOT EXIST! Oh and he will also get you punched-" he held up two of his fingers "TWICE!"

"Stop being a bad friend."

"A bad friend?! Who kidnapped the jock? You did! Who got punched? You did! Who got punched in the process twice? I did! Because of who?! You!"

I looked at Ryan as he breathed harshly through his nose. Caden asked, "You want water?" He nods his head and Caden grabs a straw and the bottle of water from the fridge. He pushes the straw in the bottle and slowly rips off the tape from Ryan's mouth. As he holds up the bottle for him, Ryan says "Free my hand." Caden replies "This is the only way you will drink otherwise stay thirsty." He brings his head to the straw and drinks with his eyes closed because of the cooling satisfaction.

I know what I did was wrong. But I don't feel remorse at all. He killed Blue. He deserves worse.

Ryan pulled his head back and Caden asked "More?" as he had finished the whole bottle. But he shook his head and Caden came back to sit beside me on the chair.

I tapped Caden on the shoulder and made him follow me away from Ryan. I whispered, "What now?" He shrugs "You interrogate him, I guess." I nod and he says "Oh, use your phone as a recording device." I nod again and we go back to our chairs.

I turn on the recording app on my phone keeping it inside my hoodie pocket as I looked him in the eye

I swear to god, I wanted to put him in Blue's car and give him the same death as her. No, he deserved worse. He breaks the silence "I'm here. I'm trapped in this fucking gamer chair and I'm hydrated, in a fucking circle like a dog. What do y'all want from me?!" I say "A confession." I looked down at the circle around him. It was Caden's idea to keep him in the iron sand circle so he wouldn't use his ghosts to help him. He furrowed his brows "Confession of what?"

"Confession that you killed Blue. We got you, Ryan. You can't escape nor can you use your mind control so your little ghosts can't help you."

I honestly didn't know if he could still control them inside the circle but it was a chance we were willing to take.