Chapter Five

She has engrossed herself in reading a magazine when she felt someone's presence on her. She didn't know when he came in but she just saw him standing beside her. She didn't have to look up to know who it was as the fragrance of his Oudh( Arabian perfume) filled the sitting room.

She stood up to leave but his voice stopped her.

"Walija... please" and he stopped cause he was seriously battling with his ego within but he has to do it.

She wanted to just walked out, but her mind was telling her to wait so she did.

She stood some inches away from him before he continued.

"I'm sorry for last night" and she could swear his voice came almost as a whisper.

"Okay" was her short reply as she started ascending the staircase when he spoke again

"We're going to Mami's after Magrib" she nodded and left him standing there in the room

"Damn it!" He cursed himself and moved to his room too.

*****
The day went by so fast and before you knew it, it was already magrib. After saying their prayers they set to leave.

She wore a simple black with red polka dots Ankara, styled into a three-quarter gown and straight skirt. A red veil, black shoes, and bag to match the combo. The clothes fitted her body bringing out her fairness. She looked elegant. She wasn't the makeup type so she just lined her eyes with Kohl, a little powder to hide her oily face and a subtle nude lip balm on her lips.

Fawwad, on the other hand, wore a sky blue kaftan with a matching Zanna bukar cap perfectly perched on his head. He looked breathtaking.

Her girly Chewing gum fragrance mixing with his manly Oudh gave the car a pleasant scent. The drive was a silent one, only the little soft music playing in the background.

They pulled at his Father's mansion. He locked the car and she trailed behind him. Upon reaching the main entrance, he knocked once and the door flew opened. Hafsat welcomed them with a warm smile.

"Aunty Waljia!" She engulfed her in a warm hug. It was evident on Hafsat's face she was excited to see her sister in law.

After they broke the embrace, they exchanged pleasantries and that's when she noticed her brother standing beside them.

"Ya Fawwad, good evening" she sheepishly smiled.

"It's now you're noticing me" he playfully hit her head and she ran into the house laughing.

Maya was watching cartoon network when they walked in. She abruptly ran to her brother as he bent to her level hugging his life out of his body.

"Ya Fawwad!!" She screamed.

"Ouch! baby let go of my neck, you're choking me" and he playfully coughed

"Sorry" she chuckled letting go of his neck as she ran to where Walija was standing admiring the duo. She must say there was a strong bond between the brother and sister.

"Aunty Walija, good evening" she hugged her legs and Walija bent to her level cupping her cute face in both her hands.

"Maya" she pecked her cheeks which made Maya chuckle "how're you?"

"I'm fine"

They got seated and Hafsat went to inform Mami of their presence. A few minutes later Mami was with them in the sitting room and immediately she was in the parlor completely, Walija got on her knees to greet her but Mami took her into a warm embrace.