Chapter Twenty-Nine

[A/N]: Song: Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by Emily Browning

I looked at my hand and turned it. It was my hand but wasn't. It turned as I expected but it was all wrong. My nails had somehow grown, my fingers were now long and slender, my skin now flawless. A scar that I had on my hand from a childhood injury was gone and I couldn't understand why.

I looked from my hand to Robyn. He somehow had something to do with it.

The tension in the room was palpable, it could be cut with a knife. I could barely breathe.

"My dear," Robyn's cold voice cut through me like a knife. "I do believe it is time to dismiss my nephew's Court. Would you mind?"

I watched him, questioning his words.

"Get rid of them, Emylin."

He raised then snapped his fingers.

At once, my hand shot out in front of me palm raised. My hand closed suddenly into a fist and all of the finely dressed guests in the room disappeared leaving just us and the Guard in the room.

I watched my shaking hand. How?

How did that happen? Did I do that?

I looked at Robyn.

The bastard was smiling.

Kymra let me go and placed herself between us, the sword that decorated her hips before was in her hands in front of her. The sword ignited in flames. The red embers shone brightly along the where the metal would be. She was in a fighter's stance, poised, ready to attack.

Robyn smiled. "Silly woman, you will stand between myself and my intended?"

Kymra's voice was venomous. "You will not have her."

I watched Damien over Kymra's shoulder. He was seething, the air around him finding that familiar electrical charge.

I watched Leah standing next to him. She was furious. The beautiful smile she had earlier was gone replaced by a face of pure fury. A man carefully walked up to her and grabbed her arm, disappearing from the room as soon as they touched.

Robyn smirked as he watched me. "Come here, darling."

My feet started to move on their own, carefully navigating away from Kymra.

Kymra placed a hand on my arm and instantly it was over. She looked at me, her eyes beginning to take the obsidian color Damien's did when he was using a lot of power. "Fight it, Emylin."

Robyn laughed then snapped his fingers.

Time stopped.

Everyone around me froze in their stance and an intense pain started to overwhelm me again. My chest suddenly hurt - a sharp pain began to grow inside of it. I gripped my middle and fell to my knees again. The emptiness was creeping. It was like a hand crawling it's way from my core to the rest of me. All I felt was emptiness - like a great gaping hole was replacing my heart. It was like everything that made me, me was being sucked into a great vacuum in the middle of my chest.

I was losing.

I watched everyone around me. They were all frozen in time in the stance they had been previously. Robyn with his eyes on me and a cruel smile. Damien who had previously been standing next to Leah had shifted walking towards me. The guards, even Oren, were charging toward Robyn, their swords held high.

That was what triggered the pain again. The large gaping hole in my chest was even bigger now, swallowing me whole.

I was losing myself ...