Chapter Ten

*Cade*

I watched Lily bite her lip scanning the room like someone was going to attack. After ordering us some food I reached over and laid my hand over hers and she stared wide eyed at me.

"Breathe," I said staring at her softly. "No one here is going to attack you."

Lily nodded looking down at her lap before scanning the room again and I realized it was probably a habit for her.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" I asked watching her as I tried to get her to speak.

"Some," she whispered as our food was set on the table. I watched as she grabbed her toast and bit into it glancing around the room.

"Tell me what you remember," I said grabbing my coffee.

"My friends left to do their own thing, then you walked up asking me for a dance," she said looking at me with her bright brown eyes that I could get lost in. "Everything's fuzzy after that. What happened?"

"You were having a panic attack and when your uncle touched you you ran outside bumping into a friend of mine and passed out."

"Oh," she mumbled as her face turned pink and I chuckled. Her phone started ringing and I listened to her side of the conversation.

"Hi...No, I'm out with someone...No, there supposed to be baby pink and blue... I'll fix it when I get to the office... Don't touch anything...Why? Last time you ruined every one of my orders and I lost three jobs...Yeah, see you in a few."

"Problem?" I asked amused at her angry face.

"Nothing I can't fix," she mumbled. "I need my car, so can we go back so I can pick it up."

"About your car," I sighed and she looked at me confused. "Someone trashed it last night during the party."

"Seriously," she said and I nodded finishing off my coffee. "Another thing that I need to get fixed."

"I can drop you off at your office," I offered tossing some money on the table.

"Need my bag out of my car," she said. "I can call David or get my Uncle to give me a ride to work."

"I'll do it," I said as pulled out onto the road headed back to the clubhouse. "I've got nothing to do today anyways."

"Thanks," she whispered and I nodded as we sat in a comfortable silence.
---

"Just a minute," I yelled stumbling to my front door only to freeze when I saw Lily. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she smiled confidently up at me. "My friends got me some tickets for a band that I like and I don't want to go alone and both of them are busy."

"Your telling me this why?" I chuckled, happy that she was no longer scared of me.

"Well," she giggled. "You've been driving me back and forth to work, so I figured I'd pay you back by inviting you to come with me. Please say yes."

"Why not," I shrugged and she squealed.

"Awesome," she laughed hugging me. "The shows this Friday so I guess I'll see you then."

"Yeah," I nodded looking towards her house when someone yelled her name.

"Gotta go," she smiled stepping back. "Or I'm going to be late for the revealing of the house I redecorated. Bye, see you Friday afternoon."

"Bye flower," I chuckled when she ran off before going back inside to finish getting dressed and climbing in my new truck.

"Cowboy," Bullet yelled running up to me as I climbed out of my truck. "Hank wants to meet up with some of us and I was wondering if you would want to go. The meeting is set for Friday afternoon."

"I can't," I said. "I've got plans with Lily Friday and Millie is moving Saturday morning."

"Alright then I'll get a few of the other boys to go," he nodded. "You and Lily have gotten pretty close the last couple of weeks."

"No," I growled glaring at him. "I'm just trying to help her nothing more."

"If you say so," he laughed running off and I rolled my eyes. "Idiot."

Friday afternoon arrived and I found myself standing on Lily's front porch waiting for her to come out while her friends stared me down.

"Sorry," she said stepping outside and I stared at her wide eyed and my mouth hanging open.