Love is blind

Jayden's eyes dropped to her lips but he looked back at her eyes
" I have the urge to kiss you. Kayla" Jayden confessed in a hushed and seductive tune. Kayla blinked thrice in disbelief.

She did wonder how kissing him would feel like but she was scared, or no, she felt shy. What if things would get awkward after kissing him? However she subconsciously wet her lips and glanced at his lips before meeting his eyes again.

" Am I permitted?" He asked even though he already knew she wanted the kiss too, he didn't want to kiss her without her permission. He really didn't want her to regret their first kiss. It wouldn't be his first but he knew it was going to be Kayla's first and he didn't want her to regret it at all.

Kayla however, remained silent. Yes she wanted him to kiss her, but she couldn't say it. That would indirectly mean she was accepting him already and also because she was too embarrassed to admit that she wanted him to kiss her.

Fuck! Kayla, just answer me. Say yes.  Jayden thought. Their faces were now just inches apart. He was using everything he had in him to hold himself back from kissing her already.

   Ring..... Ring... Ring.....

  Kayla's phone started ringing that instant and she immediately looked away from Jayden, trying to reach for her phone. Jayden moved away from her both disappointed and annoyed. Kayla  brought out her phone and looked at it. It was her dad. She raised her face to look at Jayden.

" Umm it's my dad. I'll go now"she said and quickly ran out of the room.
Jayden felt a certain type of emptiness immediately she left. He grabbed his hair wondering why he wanted her so much and felt so empty when she's not around.

......

   Later that day after Kayla finished talking to her dad, she sat down on her chair writing down everything that has been going on and also her feelings into her diary.

Most of it was about Jayden, if not all of it. She was still contemplating on the fact that he was a vampire. That was still the only thing holding her back from saying yes to him already. She thought about how he was about kissing her earlier, she had really wanted it. She found herself blushing as she thought back to it.

   Jayden's eyes dropped to her lips but he looked back at her eyes.
" I have the urge to kiss you. Kayla" Jayden confessed in a hushed and seductive tune.
" Am I permitted?"

    Kayla smiled widely covering her face with her hands in excitement. She stood up from her chair and threw herself on her bed. She felt giddy. Even though he was a vampire, she really didn't care anymore. She'll give him a chance. Besides as they say  Love is blind.

* * * * *

    Two weeks after. Jayden and Kayla had been talking alot. And as usual, Jayden kept trying to get Kayla to stay away from Max. Max wasn't happy about this but well..., What could he do?.

Everyone in school had noticed the closeness between Jayden and Kayla and assumed they were dating. Although, they could only  say it amongst themselves.
  Kayla now felt more comfortable around Jayden and surprisingly, the dreaded four had not been tormenting the school like they used to. They all seemed more friendly.

      It was noon. Robin and Chloe walked side by side along the sidewalk in the school. Chloe did not look happy.
" You have to cheer up Chloe" Robin told her but Chloe scoffed in response, then she stood and faced Robin who did same.

" Jayden doesn't hang out with us like he used to" she complained.
" Well... Yeah. He's the prince. He doesn't have to hang out with us. He's been very nice to us. You're simply angry because he likes the human girl and not you" Robin said almost nonchalantly.
" Oh please... He's a vampire. Being with a human is not heard of. You and I know very well that she'll age with time. He'll get bored eventually and dump her. He'll soon realize how much of a weakling she is" Chloe spat angrily.

" I don't think so Chloe. I think she's quite brave. Remember how she embarrassed you at the cafeteria the other day?" Robin said in amusement.

( Sorry to interrupt your reading. Just so you know.. they still don't know that Jayden had told Kayla that they're Vampires. Alright continue. Sorry again ).

" If she knows what he actually is. She'll not want to be with him. She'll be frightened" Chloe said
" How about you let the prince worry about that himself" Robin adviced.
" Besides, a vampire and human being together hadn't happened before doesn't mean it can't happen. There's always a first time for everything" Robin concluded and patted Chloe's shoulder before walking away, while Chloe stood there frowning.

* * *

    Kayla went for lectures. It was 4:30pm. Everyone started going out of the lecture hall one after the other. Once lectures were over. Max hurried to her as she stood up.
" Hey Kayla" he said. Kayla looked at him and couldn't help but notice he wasn't smiling, which was not like him.

" Hi Max" she replied, a little worried. The look on his face was not the usual happy Max.
" I want us to talk" he said and Kayla slowly nodded. She hoped nothing was wrong with him.
" I just want to know... You and Jayden. Are you guys dating?" He asked.

Kayla tensed up. She had not expected him to ask that.  Does he like me? Could that be why he's asking? She thought, and hoped not. She wasn't dating Jayden yet, but she planned to accept him, so she didn't know how to respond to the question.

" Umm" she started
" I have no problem with it. You seem happy, but don't get hurt. Be careful and.... I hope we can still be friends" Max said honestly. It surprised Kayla, so she just stared at him. She knew he genuinely cared about her and she really appreciated him.

" Take care then" he said after she nodded. He offered her a smile before walking away. Only then did Kayla notice that she was the only one left in the hall. She felt a little guilt. She soon made her way out of the hall with her face down.

Going out, she collided into a hard surface. She looked up and there he was. Jayden. He stared at her with a questioning look.

" Are you alright?" Jayden asked as he could sense that she wasn't happy. Kayla gave him a light smile and nodded, but he wasn't having it. He leaned towards her and cupped her face tenderly.

" You're lying" he said.

Hello dear readers ..... I just wanted to say thank you to all of you because honestly. This story is doing way better than I thought. So... Thank you so so much.  I honestly love y'all.

Don't forget to vote and comment