CHAPTER 7

~Y/N~

I love this. It's a rush, so much more than I thought it would be. Standing on stage, feeling the lights on my skin. There's no way to describe it. Add to the fact that I'm JUNGKOOK's co-star and it feels like a dream. Everything about him is contagious. He's dazzling on stage. He connects with me, calls to me, like we're two ends of the same string. I feel him tugging by just listening to his voice. It's magic and it's all JUNGKOOK.

{A/N: TAKE MY AS Y/N}

I want to run and throw my arms around his neck when we take a break. I want to have that comfortable feeling of being close to him, but I can't. It's easier this way, I keep telling myself. Katie will have a stroke and I really don't need more crap from Jimin or Brie right now. It's better that no one knows.

I smirk at JUNGKOOK. He returns the look with his blue eyes sparkling, before I run down the staircase on the side of the stage and up an aisle. I need a drink. I don't know how JUNGKOOK does it, especially since I know his throat is still sore from last night, but he's talking like nothing ever happened. It makes me wonder how many times he came in to school broken and battered and I didn't notice.

That smile of his hides so much pain.

Blinking hard, I push through the doors and smack into LISA. She's instantly irritated. "Watch where you're going, heifer." LISA shakes her head and her golden hair settles onto her shoulders before she shoves past me and into the auditorium.

I glance after her, wondering what she's doing here. I decide not to overreact. She's not a threat. Her part was given to me. It's not like Tucker will just hand it back. I turn and walk the few paces to the water fountain and drink. The water cools my throat.

When I walk back into the theater, I stand at the back half-wall, draping my arms on it. It's right when you walk in and separates the seats from the back aisle and the doors. LISA is a couple rows in front of me. She's slouched in a seat, but when they mess up the lights and blind everyone, JUNGKOOK turns around. For a moment, there's a halo of golden light around him. I smile. He looks like his video. My eyes drift to Brie. I wonder if she notices. If she does, she doesn't say anything.

A moment later Jimin settles on the wall next to me. His voice is low, his lips barely moving, "What's the tramp doing here?"

"I don't know, but I don't like it. She's messed with JUNGKOOK enough to last a lifetime. I wish she'd fall down a hole or something."

JIMIN turns his face toward me and lifts a brow. "Is that venom from Little Goodie Two Shoes? I'm impressed."

"It's not unjustified." I watch JUNGKOOK dangling his legs off the side of the stage. I watch Brie watching him. It makes me nervous. He has enough pain in his life. He doesn't need anything else to go wrong. "She's got JUNGKOOK in her crosshairs."

He nods and looks back at his friend. JIMIN's expression softens and he sighs. "You care about him?"

"I'm not going to dignify that with a response," I say, tightly.

"I'm just saying, if you do - help me keep an eye on that one. I got his back for most of the day, but when he's in here..."

I glance at JIMIN. He's staring at JUNGKOOK unblinking. I wonder if he knows. Instead of asking, I lower my gaze and nod. "Done." Before JIMIN can say anything else and ruin my new, higher opinion of him, I walk back toward the stage.

LISA stands at the same time and smiles at me. It's one of those smiles that's good and pure, but when it's coming from someone like her, you know it's an evil omen. I narrow my eyes into slits as I pass her. She's trying to spook me. What could LISA possibly do to make life worse?