CHAPTER : THIRTEEN

Oh fuck!

What should I do now?

When I woke up, I was alone.

She wasn't in bed.

Since it's her house, I don't see any reason for her to leave, and I can also hear something rustling from outside the door, so she can be just outside the room.

How should I face her?

Should I just take my clothes and run off without seeing her? Well, that would be impossible because she is literally just a wall away, unless I magically transform into a cat or housefly or something, I have to see her.

Well, what should I do?

I bury my face deeper into the pillows. Wouldn't it be awesome if I find a super cool tunnel or elevator connecting to the building outside? Anything to just take me away from this awkward reality.

These are the moments I wish my brain works better and gives me some actual useful suggestions instead of these shitty daydreamings.

Summoning all my courage, I draw in a shaky breath and steel myself to face the inevitable., finally deciding to just get on with it. I mean, it's all very usual in the one-night stand, right?

Fuck!

Okay! There's no shame in facing her. I literally saw her naked last night, so why the fuck am I so nervous? This is normal, it has to be. I mean, I guess so, this is the first time I'm doing something like this, and after the breakup crap with that jerk. No, no...not thinking about him.

Ah, fuck it!

With hesitant steps, I walked out of the room dressed up in my work t-shirt from yesterday. I walked out to see her eating breakfast. The sound of me opening the door brought her attention to me as she lifted her eyes from the plate and looked me straight in the eyes.

SHIIITT!! I gave her a little smile which literally screamed "oh hey! Look at me, I'm hella awkward."

And the worst thing is she is giving me a smirk, a flicker of amusement dancing across her features like she knows exactly what's running in my head,

Great! Glad to be entertaining to you, you beautiful condescending moron.

My lips twitch into a not so confident smile, a poor attempt to mask the nervous energy coursing through me

Don't. Don't raise your hand.

Don't wave her hi like a kid, Tal.

"Good Morning" she pushed a cup of what I assume to be a coffee by my way,

I mumbled Good morning,

Come on I am an adult I need to seriously work on my communication skills,

I just shook my head, as I just looked at her

I haven't even brushed yet.

The awkwardness must've been even too much for her as she gave a small smile as she asked me, "Do you want waffles?"

I looked at her plate, waffles stacked with berries and chocolate sauce, "I thought models were supposed to be on strict diets", I said without thinking.

Shit! I shouldn't have said that.

I was internally panicking thinking I had offended her, but she looked like she didn't as she just gave me a smirk,

"Well, I did burn a lot of calories yesterday, besides why are asking? Are you gonna help again?"

"I-I"