fifteen

—𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐁𝐍𝐁
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍, 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀

—𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲

The sound of Valerie's phone ringing awoke her from her sleep. It couldn't have been 8 am already, it feels like she just started to fall asleep.

But the 3 am on Valerie's phone confused her. But not as much as who called her at 3 am.

One miss call from Drew. Could this man not leave her alone? She decided to ignore it and go back to sleep. But she couldn't. What if something went and he only got one phone call before he died.

Shut up.

Valerie quickly got back up and dialed Drew's number. It only took half a ring before Valerie heard a voice.

"Val."

Valerie melted at the sound of her name off his mouth but contained herself before she spoke.

"Is everything okay? Because I swear if you called me for no—"

"Valllll," he slurred and Valerie knew that he was intoxicated.

"Drew, are you drunk?" Valerie asked, her concern growing.

"Yeah," he chuckled. "I'm sorry, Val. I shouldn't have called you. I just wanted to hear your voice."

Valerie felt a mix of emotions wash over her. She was angry that he had called her in the middle of the night while drunk, but also touched that he wanted to hear her voice.

Snap out of it.

"Drew, it's 3 am. You shouldn't be calling me like this," she said firmly. "Go back to sleep."

She heard a chuckle at the other end. "I won't sleep until you tuck me in and—"

"Shut up."

"Please."

"No."

"Val."

Valerie was torn between her sense of responsibility and her apprehension about seeing Drew. Part of her wanted to make sure he was okay, but the other part was hesitant to be alone with him.

Valerie knew his past with drinking and she wanted to make sure that he was okay.

"Fine! I'll come over. But you need to promise me something."

"Anything."

"You'll be okay and that you won't do anything stupid," Valerie said firmly.

"Check."

Valerie hesitated for a moment before reluctantly agreeing to go over to Drew's house. She knew it wasn't a good idea to go to his house, especially at 3 am, but she also couldn't ignore the fact that he sounded drunk and upset.

"Just— just don't do anything until I get there, alright?"

"Got it, Princess."

Valerie hung up the phone and sighed, knowing that she had to go over to Drew's apartment. She quickly got dressed and got in her car, feeling a mix of reluctance and concern.

Oh boy did she hope this was a good idea.

—𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐖'𝐒 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍, 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀

—𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲

When Valerie arrived at Drew's apartment, she hesitated for a moment before getting out of her car and making her way inside. She knocked on the door and waited nervously for Drew to answer.