Chapter 18

The new routine my life had was vastly different from what it was a few week ago, Theo doesn't talk to me and he's getting Claire to watch Cooper more I miss them so much. Ben doesn't talk to me either the last time he spoke to me he told me I had betrayed them all, when he's at the apartment the same time as me he gives me disgusted looks.

Looking in the mirror I don't even know what I'm doing anymore, my phone is constantly blowing up with calls and messages from Ryan. He knows he's ruined my life and want me to go running back to him but that's not going to happen.

The reflection in the mirror looks like a shadow of who I used to be, I've lost some weight, my eyes were dull and distant and I resorted back to my baggy clothes.

It had been weeks and Riley was the only person who had been in touch with me, she wanted to meet next week I agreed knowing she was probably just going to cut me off like the rest of them.

Claire spoke to me when needed and she told me Theos mum was having a gathering in which family, friends and employees attend and although Theo doesn't want me there his mom insisted.

It has been yet another day where Theo asked Claire to have Cooper so I had the day to myself, walking through town I walk to the library, it is the first time I'd been here and it was beautiful. An old building with arches throughout it has a lot of character.

"Good afternoon Miss is there anything I can help you with?" a short girl asked me from the desk.

"No thank you I'm just going to browse" nodding and smiling she got back to looking at something on the computer. Walking around the library I looked at some of the books grabbing a few and sat down at one of the tables in the corner.

Getting lost in the book I didn't hear anyone approach me until I look up at the sound of the voice I had been avoiding. "Mia baby it's so nice to see you" a chill runs down my spine.

My breathing becomes erratic as I stare into his eyes, this is the first time I've seen him in person since he nearly ended my life. I don't have the energy or confidence for any conversation with him "Please go away" my voice barely above a whisper.

Standing up I try to walk past him when he pushes me into the bookshelf his eyes filled with fury "Don't speak back to me bitch, you need to come back to me. I'm the only one you should be with". Apart of me knew this was inevitable but I know I will be walking into my death if I go back, I needed to get him to stay away.

"Just leave me alone I don't want to call the police again" I tried standing up tall to show confidence but my whole body was defying me by shaking. His face was practically in mine "What did you say?".

Why did I have to pick the corner away from any other people, I need to learn to stay around people.

I try squirm away from him but he holds me tightly against the bookshelf. "You are mine do you understand" vicious words spat from his mouth. "I'm not" still trying to get away, anger flickered in his eyes and I knew what was coming next as I braced myself as he punched my cheek my head whipped around fast.

I remember the pain well and it is excruciating I feel my cheek throbbing. "I told you, you belong to me. I'll see you soon babe" he said walking away.

I stand still until I know he's gone. I just can't believe he's here why won't he just leave me alone.

Leaving the library, I make my way straight back to the apartment locking my bedroom door I go to my bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror I see a purple bruise forming on my cheek as the tears start the flow.

I know I'm going to have to cover it up with makeup until it goes. I decide to skip going outside of my room to get some dinner and just go to bed.

Waking up the next morning my cheek was radiating pain. Getting up I do my morning routine in the bathroom apart from I put concealer and foundation on to cover up the giant bruise on my face.