Chapter 10 - Flynn

I don't hear anything on the other end of the door, so I turn my head back to Ellie's friend Ava. She's perched against the island bench with a coffee and the widest shit-eating grin I've seen. She knows way too much. I should feel fucking wrong coming here to visit Ellie, but I don't.

"She's a little shy, boss man. Why don't you go in." Tension crawls up my neck, but I nod and turn the handle. Leaving Ellie's friend on the other side of the door, my eyes immediately find Ellie.

Ellie sits on her bed, her legs tucked into her stomach, arms wrapped around them. Her nose is scrunched up like she's smelt something fucking foul at the sight of my face. Fucking perfect. I sigh. I need to tread carefully.

"Ellie." I begin, but she speaks over me.

"No." She holds her hand out in front of her. She's fucking adorable. Her cheeks are tinged pink; her eyes are red; I wonder if she was crying, and my stomach rolls at the thought.

"I know why you're here, and I'm really sorry; what I sent you was very out of line, and I know you probably felt the need to come down here and fire me in person, and I understand that but I just want to say again I'm really sorry, and I understand why I can't work for you anymore, and even though I'm really disappointed because I really loved working for your company I get it and no hard feeling okay?" She sucks in a big breath and pulls her arms around her body again; I feel my lips turn up.

Her verbal diarrhoea is finally complete. I stifle a laugh. That's not going to win me any points right about now.

"You done?" I command.

She only nods in response. "You're not fired, Ellie."

Her face goes slack, and her mouth parts. Fuck me, that mouth. fucking delicious.

"I'm..you're not firing me ?" Her eyebrows convey confusion, and I take my chances, walking over to her bed and sitting next to her. She sits back slightly, and I clench my hands, so I'm not tempted to pull her into my lap. I don't fucking like that we're in this weird space right now.

"No, I'm not," I reply, enjoying her wide eyes. The lines around them come out while she squints at me. Her face is so expressive, and I fucking love it.

"Why?" She whispers. I move closer to her; her skin is tinged pink, and small pieces of hair fall in every direction. She looks like a fucking mess, but it's not one you want to clean up. No. She's the kind of mess you want to jump in that swallows you whole, and the only way to get back to the top is to let it consume you.

I move one of the tendrils behind her ear because I just can't fucking stop myself from not touching her, and I watch as her eyes take me in; her skin feels warm beneath my hand. My thumb traces her ear and then her neck. I move closer to her again, my lips against the skin of her ear. I whisper now.

"Because Ellie, You drive me fucking wild. Your sexy fucking mouth just doesn't stop spitting out rainbows to everyone it meets. You're fucking Sunshine, and I want to step out of the rain long enough to feel the sun heat my skin. Those thoughts of yours, I want to do everything you fantasise about. I want you to beg for me and watch you fall apart for me; because of me. I want to hear you call my name while I'm buried deep inside you. I want to know what that pretty fucking mouth does when you get onto your knees just for me and what noises it makes when I touch the right spot on your skin. And when I'm done, Ellie, you'll be ruined for anyone after me. Do you understand?" I sit back and watch her.

Ellie doesn't move; she doesn't take her eyes off of me either.

My cock is rock hard against my zipper, and I need her to tell me what she wants, so I ask her. "Do you want that, Ellie?"