MUSICIAN?

"Hey, what's the deal?" Rudr questioned me the fifteen-time, I could sense him getting annoyed with each passing second. I looked away from the floor towards him, pressing a nervous smile.

"Hmm... nothing..." I lied. I couldn't tell him the truth. I couldn't confess that Ehaan's intense glare wasn't allowing me to dance. He shook his head, not buying my lie, and stared in the direction. Maybe my lying was useless. He knew the reason for my lack of attention.

"Ehaan if you want this practice to continue, concentrate on your partner." His voice was rough, infuriating as if his acts pissed him.

"Stop acting possessive as if she is your girlfriend." His hoarse, annoyed voice was in my ears. I could sense him shooting daggers at Rudr.

"I don't have to provide my relationship status to you, but surely my sister isn't liking your attitude." Completed the statement, concentrating back on the steps. I stopped myself from turning and glancing at his sister. Maybe Mia was pissed! Or he won't ever bring up her in the topic.

"Why even I am tolerating him!" He whispered to himself but I heard me. It was testing his patience staying under one roof. Anyone would be! He was too arrogant to tolerate! I could feel his gaze still and Rudr was killing him with his glare but I opted to ignore it. Concentrating on the dance.

It was exhausting but the two hours were completed, I was free from dance and Ehaan's constant glare. His eyes hadn't moved from me for a second that had brought everyone in the auditorium attention to me. I moved towards my bag, pulling the bottle and taking a sip of it. Gulping some cold water under my dry throat, I made my way out of the auditorium.

I was making my way out of the building but suddenly remembered about the history assignment whose due date was in two days. I shook my head, with everything happening around me. Surely I was ignoring my studies, and within few months I was going to answer the board.

Cooldown Ruhi! Don't stress yourself up! I again climbed the stairs making my way for the third floor. The library was on the verge of shutting maybe, as it was dark inside. For a second I hesitated. I had read enough books and watched movies where people got locked inside. And though it wasn't that awful watching surely it would be a scary experience.

I slightly turned to leave, and suddenly professor's face flashed in front of me. I had to submit the assignment on time or he won't spare me. Huffing in displeasure, I pulled my phone out. Flashing the light, I needed to find the book and rush off. Much to my misfortune librarian wasn't still present. Surely she was on leave and the assistance who applied for the duty didn't care a bit.

I walked from one wooden shelf to another, roaming my eyes from one signboard to another. Searching for the one mentioning history. Suddenly I found it, I cheered with happiness. Now the bigger problem was to find a book, related to partition. I had decided to work on that project had heard and seen many movies. It would be amazing to work on something I could be interested in knowing.

I heard a loud thud and a gasp escaped from my mouth with a sudden voice. I pulled my palm on my heart, it was beating fast due to the fear that occurred. What? Was the door closed? No! That couldn't be the case.

Ruhi! Stop scaring yourself further. I needed to calm down, panicking wasn't going to take me anywhere. I glanced at the path I came and anxiety-filled my senses. I was glad that we were offered the biggest library but no longer I was having the feeling. The door was surely a kilometre away from me. Again! I was exaggerating. Stop thinking and act, Ruhi! Rebuking myself, I took a step forward.

And soon darkness accompanied me. What the! My cell had to leave me alone as well! I wanted to yell out loud but the anxiety showering me wasn't letting a voice pass by my dry throat. I gulped, pressing the cell further into my chest. Slowly taking steps towards the direction where maybe there was a door. I couldn't waste any further time. I needed to get out somehow!

A small tone of guitar got into my ears. Worsening my already shivering figure. Who the hell was playing it? Why the hell was I hearing it? The sequence of never so rewarding scenes of horror movies rewinding in my brain. Please! Please stop thinking about it. I was crying to my melodramatic brain. It would bring the worse thoughts at the worst moments!

Unknowingly I was making my way towards the direction, though during movies I had yelled at the main protagonist for doing the exact same thing. My brain had stopped working, surely the tune had hypnotized me. I wasn't lying, whoever the person was. He or she knew what playing guitar was.

As I was covering the distance between us, I could feel a small ray of light coming from that direction. My breath hitched, was nearing to the individual a better idea. I decided to walk back at that particular moment, I banged with something hard.

"Ouch!" It pains like hell! And suddenly the light was flash towards me with a loud groan. The individual wasn't pleased with my interruption. It also provided me with an opportunity to glance at the source that injured my foot. Wasn't it bleeding? Why did it hurt so much? I had banged with the wooden table, surely it wasn't hard enough to cause severe damage. I needed to calm, myself.

"Fuck! Not you again." He cursed, infuriated at finding my presence. I didn't have to turn to know who it was? I rolled my eyes, ghosts were far better than him. Deep down I was relieved that it wasn't some mere stranger but I wouldn't accept it not when he was determined to humiliate me.

I looked at him, displaying from my face that neither was I glad on seeing him. "What are you doing over here? Can't you just walk off?" His eyes fuming fire, he seemed more than pissed off. I narrowed my eyes at him, a rude, arrogant, annoying monster. My eyes drifted to the thing in his hand. He was playing the guitar. He was a musician as well! Was there something, he wasn't good at? I was getting irritated with his amount of talent. Surely God had forgotten to gift him a most important thing, heart.

"Are you going to keep staring or move!" He yelled on seeing my eyes on the guitar and he rushed to keep it back in its place. He seemed scared! What? Was I imaging? Why would he be frightened? His personality screamed that he was not even aware of what horror meant!

"I... I would but my source of light is dead." He seemed confused with my meek reply but on seeing the cell in my hand. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Do you enjoy creating trouble for yourself? How could a person be so annoying?" He muttered but loud enough for me to hear.

Trust me, I had the same question. How could someone be so annoying? He took two steps in opposite direction and soon the library was filled with illumination. I had to close my eyes to adjust to the brightness. How come he knew where switches were? Wait what was he doing with guitar at this hour? That was none of my business, I needed to walk off from the library.

He had moved his attention back to the window, he seemed lost in thoughts. For a second I got a glimpse of a sad, lonely human inside him. I shook my head, I needed to walk off. Turning on my flat shoes, I glanced at the door. Rushing to it, hoping my intuition was wrong and it was open. If by any chance Ehaan entered the library often, his calm posture suggested the library wasn't locked.

I smiled in victory as I made it towards the door and turned the knob. No! Please! No! It wasn't opening! It couldn't be the case! I couldn't be locked in the library with my cell off and with the devil, himself. Could my life get any filmy? I was done with it! Clutching the knob further tightly, hoping it would open. It had to!