Epilogue

"This feels strangely familiar," I murmured.

I was sitting in the middle back seat with my elbows resting on either of the two front seats and my chin nestled on my intertwined hands. In the front passenger seat sat Vivian, who tried, but then failed every single time, to keep her eyes off the third female sitting behind the steering wheel.

I turned my head toward the said female and my eyes landed on Kasey's still sickly thin figure. She had already gained some weight, but it would take her a long time to return to her normal self. And by then I was sure she would be back to the powerful witch we've all come to know and love.

Despite the terrible dingy road Kasey dared to switch her eyes off the road and focus them on her girlfriend. The loving gazes they were shooting each other filled my heart with glee, however, I would have been happier for them, if we weren't in danger of slipping off the road.

Their happy ending made me think back to my own love life, which I knew wasn't as sparkly. I was in deep trouble because I had broken my promise to Theo. The only reason he allowed me to stay in Allium to regain my strength, had been because of my promise to head over to the werewolf castle the instant I felt better. Otherwise, I was sure he would have stayed glued to my side while ignoring the need of his own people to deal with the aftermath of the attack on the castle.

Even after I regained all of my magic, however, I stayed rooted in Allium. It was partly because my portal stone had been destroyed during my fight with Darlene when she had sent me crashing into the wall. Apparently keeping the stone in a back pocket wasn't the wisest decision.

Most of my reasoning to stay on longer though, was because of the respect I had to pay to my fallen fellow witches and wizards. Together we had burned the victims of Darlene's madness, among which was my own mentor and mother figure, Effie. With everything I had, I hoped she was now in a better place and had already reunited with my mother.

Almost immediately after the funerals, my people had once again proclaimed me as the High Priestess. And this time there hadn't been a single witch or wizard who protested. Not even me.

It felt right being the High Priestess. It was who I was always meant to be.

I had waited until everyone had a chance to welcome me back before I informed them I would be leaving. As expected everyone protested, however, once they realized that either I would go back to the werewolf castle or a raging Alpha King would come to Allium, they made no further protests. As long as I promised to come back that is.

I had intended to use a portal to quickly get back to Theo, but the weak state my people and I were in, left me with no other choice but to travel via an ordinary human car.

Which brought me back to the present moment. The massive castle loomed in front of us, and the closer we got the tighter I was clenching my hands.

The moment Kasey stopped the car on the side of the gravel road, I felt my courage flee into the surrounding forest. I couldn't even bring myself to open the car door.

"Well, go on. I'm sure he's already waiting." Vivian urged me as none of us moved.

"Aren't the two of you coming?"

"Hell no. You're on your own for this one," Kasey laughed.

"Thanks." I took a deep breath and finally opened the door.

Before I could slam it shut behind me, Kasey's voice reached me, "We'll be rooting for you to survive this."

I rolled my eyes and then step by step made my way to the huge gate. Before I even reached the guard stationed outside, he opened the door for me and bowed.