𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

-Six years ago-

-Diana's POV-

"She said she doesn't want to speak to anyone at the moment, Charlie. I'm sorry." I hear Jane speaking outside the bedroom door, the bedroom which I have to call my own now.

I hate it-I hate Jane. I hate Charlie and I hate everything. I trusted Charlie with it all when he found out and he went behind my back and told Jane. They took me away from home.

Now everyone knows. My whole family-I wonder if Dad knows, if he cares?...I doubt he does, I mean he left us so easily like it didn't matter...like he didn't care so I really don't think he would care in the slightest if he found out Mom followed in his footsteps.

I put my hand to my jaw wincing at the pain since Mom slapped me, in front of both Jane and Charlie and I fell hitting the side of the fireplace which now left me with a bloody jaw.

Jane done worse to my Mom. I hit Jane though when she dragged me to the car, I slapped her across the face and told her to let me go but she didn't.

It's been a week and I have barely spoken to her, she took me away from my home, away from my Mom who needs help-she could have taken too much once I left...She might be worried...maybe.

"That's a lie-you don't know her well enough, she wants someone to talk to-and that's my job." I hear Charlie voice. I ignore him rubbing Sadie who lays on the bed with me.

This room isn't safe-it doesn't feel safe, it feels like a cage that I can't get out of. I mean Jane locked the windows so I can't jump out of them...

The door opens and Charlie steps inside, wearing his usual grey Casper shirt along with a grey flannel..his baggy jeans basically falling down.

"I deserve a thank you, Chicken." He says, walking over to the bed I sit on. I roll my eyes at his words, he doesn't understand how much I hate him right now.

"You betrayed me, Charlie. You deserve a go f yourself." I say, pulling the blanket over myself as Sadie pushes herself up, sitting up as barks at Charlie.

"I got you out of that house-"

"That was my home! My dad left when I was eleven-my family has fallen apart and you tore me away from the last things I had."

"The only thing falling apart was you, idiot! She was tearing you apart, there's a new bruise every single day-"

"I-I fell a few times-"

"Why are you defending her? Really, she's treated you like shit, you're basically a skeleton because you have to take care of yourself. I bring extra lunch to school since you never have lunch. You were going to die eventually either because of her or because of yourself." He tells me and I look down at my thin arms, I blink looking away as my head begins pounding, I've cried so much this past week it's beginning to hurt when I cry.

"Seriously, why are you still defending her?" He repeats the question and I look at Sadie who lays back looking up at me as her ears perk up.

"She's...She's my Mom, Charlie." I say quietly, blinking away the tears that still put up a fight and fall from my eyes anyway.