The Ambassador Program

The aim of the Ambassador volunteer program is to encourage a fun and engaged community that supports the millions of Wattpadders who read and write here every day.

The Ambassadors are a team of international volunteers who represent the incredible diversity of the Wattpad community. Passionate about connecting readers and writers through storytelling, they live and breathe Wattpad and are eager to share their love of everything Wattpad with the rest of the world.

With close links to Wattpad HQ, Ambassadors regularly provide feedback and insight to the Wattpad staff, which helps continually improve the platform. Because the Ambassadors are from the community, their involvement helps give the staff a deeper understanding of our community, and help build relationships that transcend location.

If you're interested in becoming one of our Community Volunteers, please fill out THIS FORM to apply to join the next training session in July 2024.

But, before you do that, please make sure you read the information below as it will tell you more about what we are looking for and what we will expect from you as a Wattpad Ambassador.

How It Works:

Every year, the Ambassador Program has three cycles that last four months each. Each cycle we recruit and train new Ambassadors from all over the world to join the team.

Within the Ambassador program, there are three main teams people can volunteer their time to.

All volunteers new to the team join the Stories team as Readers initially, but they can then do additional training to become Reviewers. Over time, roles may also open up in the smaller Profile and Challenge teams.

Each cycle we are looking for people with different skillsets and knowledge, so if you don't happen to get through after applying for the first time, please do apply again. 

Note: Please be aware that the Ambassador program is not a way into any of our Writer or Creators programs, there is no direct link between being an Ambassador and being able to earn money from your writing.

The Teams:

Stories - The stories team is our dedicated read and review team. They go out into the vast community and find great stories for our team to review and feature on the genre profiles managed by the Ambassadors Profiles team. This passionate team enjoys the deep dive into the wealth of stories we have on Wattpad. They connect the reader community with great stories and help support our amazing writers by passing them on to our Profiles team to give them greater visibility.

Profiles - This team manages our various Ambassador profiles, including the genre and language hubs. They help highlight relevant information and share their knowledge through community interaction. In collaboration with our Stories Team, they help curate extensive reading lists to showcase the best of each story genre. Passionate about connecting readers and writers through storytelling, the Profiles team love talking to people and engaging Wattpad users through a variety of activities.

Challenges - This team helps run a variety of writing challenges to encourage writers on Wattpad to generate new content, learn new ways to improve their skillsets, and hone their writing craft. The Challenges team aim to support writers at all stages of their Wattpad journey, from novice to professional, and in all genres and styles via bespoke profiles posting regularly throughout the year to get the community's creative juices flowing.

What we're looking for:

- You must be 18 years or older at the time you apply to join the team for legal reasons

- You should be an active Wattpadder, and a part of the Wattpad Community (have a profile on Wattpad) for at least 4 months prior to applying

- People who want to be representatives of the Wattpad Community, and who maintain and uphold our Community Guidelines

- Members of the community who are able to dedicate at least 4 volunteer hours per week to the team

- Good written knowledge of English is a must. You don't have to be fluent, but day to day communications on the team are all done in English, so a good understanding is essential

Please note: The profile/account you apply to join the Ambassadors with cannot be a shared account. By 'shared' we mean that more than one person knows the password to the account you're applying with.

You will also need to have regular access to a computer/laptop to perform your duties as we use spreadsheets and documents that are not fully accessible on a mobile device. 

Submissions

Submissions for new Ambassadors open and close three times a year to align with our three annual intakes of new volunteers into the Ambassador Program.

To check the status of submissions, please check out the 'About Me' section of the Ambassador profile. In there it will note whether submissions are OPEN or CLOSED, and if OPEN there will be a link to the current submissions form, a form that you'll need to fill in if you're interested in joining the Ambassadors.

Please DO NOT change your Wattpad username once you have submitted your application as it will render your application null and void.

All submissions will be scruitinised by the Wattpad team.

You will only receive a reply from them if your Submission is successful.

Good Luck!