3. Past

Takagi's POV

I opened my eyes as intense sunlight blazed my eyes. After adjusting to my surrounding, I found myself gripped myself with strong hands. Beside me, Nishikata was sleeping peacefully. He had wrapped one hand around me. I quickly checked on my clothes, and luckily, I had them. I still remember how I ended up beside him.

*Flashback*

"Children, you should go to sleep now. Takagi, I have made the bed in the guestroom for you." Nishikata's mother said.

"Thanks Mrs Nishikata. I hope I do not bother you that much."

"Oh it's not a problem. You should head towards your room now."

As me and Nishikata were climbing the stairs, I said, "You wanted to sleep with me, right?"

Nishikata blushed and said, "N-no it's not like that. My mother always does the right thing."

"Well, I really wanted to sleep with my boyfriend."

"Huh, really?"

"Yeah, we have never slept together before..."

Nishikata said, "We shall sleep together one day then. If you wa—" suddenly the doorbell rang.

Suddenly, Nishikata's face lit up with happiness. He said, "I must be him!"

He ran downstairs while I followed him with a slower pace. When I reached downstairs, I found Nishikata hugging a middle aged man. Mrs. Nishikata was standing beside him smiling. He was dressed formally. Other than his moustache, he was fully shaved. He had a blue pen in his pocket and beside him; a small briefcase was on the ground.

He was smiling and patting Nishikata's back when he saw me. He separated himself from Nishikata and said to me, "So, you must be Nishikata's Girlfriend, Takagi, right?"

I nodded and he said, "Nice to meet you. My name is Hiroshi Nishikata, and as you may have guessed, I am Nishikata's Father."

"Oh, Nice to meet you Mr. Nishikata." I bowed in front of him.

Nishikata proudly said, "You know Takagi, he is a police officer. Due to his hard work, he has been promoted as the head officer in Tokyo. So, he is not here most of the times . But he visits us every weekends. Which makes me think...how come you are here today?"

"I had some work in here. So I came here. And I have good news. I will be staying here for a couple of weeks."

Nishikata was jumping with joy. After he was exhausted, he said, "I am so happy. Finally, I would be able to spend some days with you. You know what; let's make a day wise plan about what I should do with you. I really missed you..." He hugged him again

A familiar pain surged through my heart. The feeling of emptiness, the feeling of being a fatherless girl, this pain is so intense. I was about to cry. As no one was noticing, I sneaked away from them in the guest room and hid my face in the pillow as I cried silently. After a while, I felt a pat on my shoulder. I did not bother to get up. But Nishikata grabbed me by my shoulder and pushed me up. I saw that he was sad as I desperately tried to control my crying. Nishikata wiped my tear and said, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just an old bitter feeling."

"What's it about? Is it about my father? He told me that you had left for some reason."

"It's not about him. He is a good man. It's just..." I was still sobbing.

"Tell me"

I sighed and said, "It's about my father..."