~2

A/N: I have decided to upload on Wednesday as well since I already have the incoming chapters prepared. I also didn't want to let my readers wait a week for a chapter. The update times and days are now Saturday and Wednesday at 20:00 CET time.

*Time skip 4 years.*

(Marie is now 6 years old)

"Isabel. What are we going to do today?" Marie asked while she put her plate in the sink.

"I saw a lost bird yesterday... I want to find it again to bring it to the upper ground."

"But.. Going up the stairs costs a lot of money... We don't have that..." Marie told her.

"So you're already thinking about money? You're quite smart for a six-year-old." Isabel walked up to Marie and pattened her head. "Even so.. I'll break through the guards to let the bird free." She gave Marie a big smile that made her feel at ease.

"Thomas and Abel also asked for my help the other day. They're short on food and their mom's legs are getting weaker and weaker." Marie started

"Thomas and Abel are your friends, right?"

"Yeah... It's hard to know who's who because they're twins."

"We'll help them really soon. Bet they want something good to eat."

"Thanks..."

"Now... let's go." Isabel grabbed Marie's hand and they left.

They spent hours looking for the bird and eventually found it, sitting on a barrel.

"He must've grown tired..." Isabel said as she picked him up with a cloth. "Now let's go to the stairs."

They walked to the stairs and there were a bunch of scary men who immediately stopped them.

"STATE YOUR BUSINESS!" One of the guards yelled.

"U-Uhm... We've found this bird who got lost here... We just want to set it free on the surface." Isabel said and Marie nodded.

"HAH! and then run away for sure! ain't no way kid!"

"First of all... I'm not a kid... Second of all... Let me trough or I'll go through by force!" Isabel shouted confidently but Marie could tell from her energy that she was a little scared.

"Hah! no way kid."

Isabel gritted her teeth.

"Uhm... Isabel..." Marie was kind of worried about her now.

"Fine! I'll go through by force!" She let go of Marie's hand and tried to push through but the guards kicked her back.

"Isabel!" Marie ran towards her side but she pushed her away.

"Stay out of this Marie. I don't want you to get hurt." She quickly got up and launched towards the guards again.

This time they got a hold of her hair and kicked her multiple times in her stomach. She never let go of the bird but she was unable to get out of the guard's grip.

"Let her go!" Marie yelled.

"Oh so the brat is going to do something.." One of the guards said as he let go of Isabel's hair.

"Now, a weak little brat like you can't do anything!" The guard charged at Marie but his legs were wide open so she went underneath his legs towards Isabel. The guard who was holding Isabel was shocked.