Chapter 28 Hitoshi Shinsou

3rd Person POV-

"Yo," The purple-haired boy walked out from the empty guest room. He held his hand up as a lazy wave. Izuku blinked slowly before smiling. "Hiya Shinsou." He still felt awkward from the match earlier that day, but he hid it well. "Hey, Pa can you move me to the table?" "Sure." Present Mic rolled the chair over to the table and left to finish dinner. Shinsou took his place in the chair right beside Izuku. Twirling his fork in the air before looking over to Shinsou. "So," Izuku took a sip from his cup. "How long have you known about this?" "Just last week, but they told me not to tell you so it would be a surprise or whatever.""Fun.""Mhm." Hizashi walked into the room, pink oven mitts on his hands with a glass tupperware of mystery slop. Izuku smiled at Shinsou's silent confusion. "It's a game we play." Shinsou looked over to the side and cocked his eyebrow up in curiosity. "Dad and I make a bet and whoever guesses what the food is, wins." Shinsou nodded. Shouta and Hizashi sat down smiling. "Dig in Kiddos." Shinsou took a big glob out and plopped it onto his plate. He wanted to win this bet so he had to have a head start. Izuku smiled mischievously. "I bet the last coffee pod." Shouta and Shinsou both gasped. "Brat, that is not fair.""Coffee is sacred, you can't just bet it away like that." Shouta nodded in agreement. "Well, I suppose you should just win." This fueled everyone's competitiveness. Shinsou poked around the cheesy mess before looking up. "I think it's a tater-tot casserole." He deadpanned."I'm going to bet on shepherd's pie." Izuku looked at the plate one last time and gave his answer. "It's a ziti." Everyone looked to Hizashi who currently had a spoonful in his mouth. He could feel the intense stares boring into him. He quickly finished. Sighing, he said, "It's a tater-tot casserole. You guys-" Shinsou started cackling maniacally. "You don't have to rub it in Brat."

When dinner was over Shinsou and Izuku left to go unpack Shinsou's room. Izuku looked around and was surprised that the insomniac had less stuff than him. "And I thought I was a light packer." Shinsou raised his eyebrows. "When were you adopted? I thought you've been here for a while."

"Nah, they adopted me at the beginning of the school year.""Where are your parents?" Izuku flinched, which Shinsou noted. "You don't have to say anything.""No, I should just get over it by now. I can't brood over it for the rest of my life. My Dad was abusive apparently, I don't remember much of it though. He left when I was four. But, my Mom was murdered." Shinsou nodded. "My parents used to abuse me for my quirk." Izuku was surprised Shinsou was opening up, but he just kept silent and put up the few books Shinsou owned. "Later, when I was 11 they took me away and put me in the foster system where I was still abused. The last house I was at wasn't great, but at least they didn't hit me. Your dads found out I was in foster homes and pulled me out.""Ah, that makes sense." They finished packing up in a comfortable silence happy to finally have someone to relate to.

When they were done Izuku smiled. "Do you wanna play video games in my room?" Izuku motioned to his door across the hall. "No, I need to get some sleep, but thank you."

"Okay, sleep well.""Okay," Izuku rolled out the room. Shouta noticed him and called out from the living room where Hizashi was braiding his hair. "You guys getting along?""Yeah. I'm going to bed now.""G'night Problem Child.""Good night Izu!""Good night dads."

Izuku's POV-

I felt happy to have a brother, but hearing his story just made me feel bad. Like compared to what he experienced I was way overreacting. I knew this was probably not true, but it didn't stop the thoughts flooding through my brain. I crawled over to the floorboard in which I hid my extra blades, pain shooting through my burnt arms. I felt guilty for hiding this from Pa and Dad, but I didn't want to stop so I faked it and convinced my therapist that I didn't need therapy. Dad and Pa had regular wrist checks every week, but they never checked anywhere else so I had just moved onto other places.

I stared at the blade and watched as the light caught on the silver metal. 'Just a couple.' I moved the blade down to my thigh and pressed into the skin. The sensation I felt on my thigh was different from my wrist, but I continued cutting through the skin. When the first cut was made I immediately felt better. I cut again and again and again. Before I realized it, my whole thigh was covered in cuts deep and shallow. 'Shit.' I wiped the excess blood away and wrapped my thigh. Everywhere on my body was covered in bandages and bruises now.

I crawled back to my bed and slipped into my grey sheets. I curled up to the side and fell asleep.

Shinsou's POV-

Pain. That's all I felt was pain as my new foster mother whipped her belt over my back again and again. I was begging her to stop, but the alcohol in her system made her just laugh at my desperate cries. "Shut up and take it." Slap! I trembled on the floor, tears running down my cheeks. 'Please just make it stop.'

I shot up in bed. Sweat crested my brow. Izuku was hovering over me, his bandaged hands on my shoulder. I felt like I was going to throw up. "Here," He handed me a trash bin as if he could read my mind. I hovered over the bin before throwing up. When I finished I wiped my mouth and placed the bin to the side. "Sorry I woke you up."

"It's fine. I used to get those nightmares too.""What do you mean?""My mom was killed in front of me. I used to get nightmares every single night about her death. I still do just not as much." I nodded too tired to say anything more. "I'm going to leave now. Come to my room if you need anything." I laid down and tried to go back to sleep.

Izuku's POV-

I wiped his sweat off his head with a towel. Before leaving with the trash bag of throw up. I spun the bag up and tied it into a knot. I tried to manoeuvre around the hallways with my trashed arms and bulky wheelchair. 'Why the fuck did Kacchan have to be so fucking aggressive? I'm going to kill him when I get to school.' I threw away the bag and went back to sleep.

A/N- Cover by MeowWorksTm on DeviantArt.