Chapter 38 : Feelings

Nishikata and takagi made their way to her room, the room was girly infact it suited takagi very well, the calligraphy of " status quo" was hung above her desk

Nishikata : ( this isn't exactly the first time I've been in her room but it still makes me nervous)

Takagi : let's start practicing

Nishikata : ( he pulled in and connect his sound board to power) wait let's test before....

Takagi : test what?

Nishikata : well your father said to keep it quiet.... ( he fumbled as he remembered the misunderstanding that could have been created)

Takagi : oh yeah... ( she wasn't in any better state)

Nishikata tuned their instruments and tested the volume after which they practiced for 2 hours

Takagi : lets do another round before finishing the practice

Nishikata : are you sure, you haven't played in a long time so over exerting and stretching your hand for so long isn't good you might get a cramp

Takagi : are you worried about me? ( teasingly)

Nishikata : yes I am.... I mean... We can't have you injured just before the competition..

Takagi : even so don't worry it'll be fine ( she brushed it off)

Nishikata reluctantly started practicing again and after playing for some more...

Takagi : (she felt a sharp pain in her left hand which caused her to stop playing abruptly) what the-

Nishikata : what happened?! ( she rushed at her as she winced in pain)

Takagi : it's nothing ( she brushed it off)

Nishikata : lemme see... ( he held her hand)

Takagi : ( I would have teased him for holding my hand but this isn't exactly the right time) I'm fine it doesn't hurt that much...

Nishikata : I wouldn't be so sure, the skin is changing the colour ( he poked at the skin with her finger)

Takagi : ( she felt alright till then but now she let out a small scream)

Nishikata : well... The scream makes it clear, I told you to not overexert yourself didn't I

Takagi : I mean you did but..... ( damn I should listen to him sometimes)

At that moment Takagi's mom opened the door carrying 2 glasses of juice in a tray

Mom : what was that scream about..... ( she looks at them and places the drinks she was getting them on the table) pardon the intrusion.... Go on... ( she silently went out of the room)

Nishikata : what the heck just happened? Oh...... Oh no..... We need to-

Takagi : I'll explain it to her don't worry...

Nishikata : thank goodness

Takagi : I have no clue what goes through her mind at times....

Nishikata : well I'm no doctor but I think that's enough practice

Takagi : yeah... I should listen to your worries sometimes.....

Nishikata : ( he looks at his watch) about time for me to leave so I guess I'll see you later ( he quickly gulped down the drink)

Takagi : I'll wrap some bandage around the hand downstairs ( she gets up and walks downstairs with nishikata)

Nishikata : well, thank you for having me Mr and Mrs takagi