Chapter 27 Awards...definitely nothing gay here

Todoroki's POV-

I raced over to Zawa's room the second I saw he was hurt. The hallways seemed way too long to me. I was in the stadiums after I got patched up when I saw him pass out. I had seen the scorch marks along his arms, but from so high above they looked like one-degree burns that could be easily fixed. All you could hear was my panting as the door slowly got closer. Finally, I made it to the room. I took only a second to breathe before going in. Deku and Bakugou were sitting on beds adjacent to each other. I scowled at Bakugou who seemed to hardly have anything wrong except a couple of scratches and dirt on him. "Look man I'm-" He started to apologize, but I cut him off with my hand. "I'm not the one you need to apologize to so shut it." He nodded and looked away awkwardly facing the off-white walls. I looked down at Aizawa. His face was battered with burns and bruises and his arm was bandaged all over. I sat down in the seat next to his bed. Recovery girl came over and hit me with her cane. "Ow,"

"Oh shush, I didn't hit you that hard. I am putting you in charge of him. I wasn't able to heal him up all the way because his wounds were too bad," Bakugou winced. "So you have to help him around seeing as he can't use his arms." I nodded and she left to tell Bakugou he was free to go. He got up and quickly left the room. I scoffed. 'Why the fuck is he acting so ashamed when he is the cause of this?'

"Todo?" My attention snapped back to Aizawa. He scrunched his nose up and fluttered his eyes open. "Yes, Zawa?" He tried to sit up on his own, but I stopped and leaned over to help.

As I scooted the pillows back I became painfully aware of his breath on my neck. A big blush crept across my face. 'Now's not the time brain.' I helped sit him up. I sat down and turned away so he couldn't see the blush. "Are you okay Todo?" He asked, his voice still groggy from having just woken up. "U-Ummm, y-yeah definitely." His lips twitched upwards in amusement. "Did the oh so mighty and stoic Todo just stutter?"

"No, I don't know what you are talking about." Aizawa cocked his head to the side and leaned towards me. "I'm pretty sure you did Todo~," He said in a singsong voice. I refused to look up at him now in embarrassment. "Why aren't you looking at me?" He took his bandaged arm and forced me to look at him. He smiled even more. "Are you blushing?"

"N-no." My eyes wandered to the clock, it was 4:21. "Oh look at that Aizawa. Recovery girl said that the awards are going to be given out in 20 more minutes. We should start walking. Let me get your wheelchair." Zawa let go of my chin and pouted. "Hmph." I quickly walked out and got his wheelchair from around the corner. "Okay, I'll help you get in."

"Okay." He smiled and I picked him up bridal style and placed him in the chair. It was his turn to blush. 'Payback time.' I leaned down next to his ear and whispered, "Let's go now."

"O-okay,"

"You're the one stuttering now Zawa~"

Izuku's POV-

I felt shivers go down my spine as he whispered into my ear. I sat in the wheelchair uncomfortably blushing. By the time we got to the podium my blush was just beginning to calm down. He once again squatted down behind me and whispered into my ear, "We're here Zawa. I'll pick you up when they are done handing out the awards."

"O-okay, thank you T-todo." He left me in the first place spot and walked over to the third-place spot.

Every once in awhile he would smile at me while we waited for Kacchan to arrive. Once he did the awards started. The teachers tried to muzzle him to keep him still. I could see the fear in his eyes as the seconds passed. I sighed and got up wobbly. My legs felt like they were on fire, but I had to remove the muzzle. The crowd went silent as I walked over to Kacchan and removed the muzzle. "Sorry I didn't do this sooner Kacchan."

"Tch. Whatever, I don't need your help, damn Deku." I fell back into my wheelchair and the awards and pictures continued.

Todo walked over to me when they were done and pushed me away from the crowd into the hallways. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Todoroki looked worried. "Why'd you do that?" I debated whether or not to tell him, but since it was Todo I trusted him. "When we were in middle school he was attacked by a villain and I could tell he was having flashbacks from the attack." He smiled. "What?"

"Nothing, just thinking about how adorable you are."

"Hey!" My face was burning. Todoroki squatted down so he was eye level with me. "What? It's true." I covered my face with my hands. He removed my hands from my face and forced me to look at him. Our faces were so close together. It was like a magnetic force was pulling us together. I closed my eyes and- "DEKU!" Kacchan came storming into the room. Todoroki scrambled to stand up. 'God damnit Kacchan.' I scowled at Kacchan. "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU PITYING ME?" I rolled my eyes. Todoroki squeezed my hand showing me support. "I wasn't pitying you Kacchan."

"THEN WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT AT THE AWARDS?"

"I could see the fear in your eyes. Any decent human would help you."

"YOU WERE LOOKING ON ME LIKE ALWAYS YOU FUCKING NERD!" I wished I could just walk out of there, but the burns on my legs hurt like crazy. "I wasn't. I have never once looked down on you. I looked up to you, wanted to be you even. So shut the fuck up and stop pushing your insecurities onto me!" Kacchan looked stunned before his face went back to pure rage. "THIS ISN'T FUCKING OVER DEKU!"

Kacchan slammed the door shut and Todo and I were left in silence. Todoroki cleared his throat. "Do you want me to take you home?"

"S-sure."

The walk home was awkward as fuck. We got to the front door and no one had said a single word yet. "We're here Zawa." I smiled. "Thank you Todo!" I got up and rang the door. As Dad was shuffling around to get the door I stood up and pecked Todo on the lips. His face was covered in a furious blush. I giggled and Dad opened the door to push me in. "Bye Todo!"

"B-bye." I smiled to myself and Pa noticed. "Why are you so happy?"

"I just kissed Todo." Pa dropped the dinner plate. "Really!" He squealed and started to interrogate me. "Was it a regular kiss or like a french one or was it like a peck? Also, are you guys dating now? You two would be so cute together! Make sure I get grandkids though. I need at least two to make me happy. Anyways-" Dad cut off Pa's hysterics. "Leave him alone, he just got out of the hospital. I can't deal with you normally, why do you think that he can deal with you nagging after being blown up." Pa pouted and cleaned the broken plate up. "Besides we have news, right Hizashi?" Pa lit up. "Yeah!" I looked between the two confused. "We've adopted someone."

"Huh?"

You have a brother now."

"Who?"

"You can come out." My eyes widened.