Chapter 37 : Christmas Vacation

It was the last day of school before Christmas vacations....

Nishikata : (he was still in a wheel chair) it's the final day huh....

Kimura : it's the final day.... ( he said gloomily)

Hamaguchi : what's with the attitude kimura?

Kimura : it's just that I slept in class yesterday and Tanabe sensei gave me double homework...

Nishikata : ( he laughs) what a way to start your vacation

Kimura : well ( he gritted his teeth) Ive almost finished it I just need to solve this one question.... Can you help me?

Nishikata : ( he quickly solved the problem and grinned with arrogance) that's the easiest thing I've done all day....

Kimura : ( he doesn't say anything, he just walk around him in a circle)

Nishikata : what was that?

Kimura : that's the easiest thing I've done all day....

Nishikata : touché....

Kimura : that's what you get for being an ass..

Nishikata : have you guys decided on your highschools?

Hamaguchi : we have... But it suck we can't all be in the same school and goof around... Plus you're like the only one of us who could actually get into to Totomi high.... At least I'll be going in the same school as houjou...

Kimura : don't flex on us single people

After school

Sumire : let's go Rie

Takagi : you still haven't told me what your plan is

Sumire : just trust me ( she winked at her) hey nishikata-kun!!

Nishikata : ( he wheeled over to them) what is it?

Sumire : it's just that for our practice today, Rie is tagging along

Nishikata : yeah sure...

And the three made their way towards the music hall.

After practicing music for a while

Sumire : (God I feel like a third wheel but it's necessary for the plan) hey nishikata-kun, weren't you getting this job to raise some money? ( even though your brother is a fricking billionaire)

Takagi : raising some money?

Nishikata : yeah something like that... But since that accident I've missed a few weeks of the job... I don't think I'll have enough...

Sumire : ( exactly as expected) you remember the competition?

Takagi : competition?

Nishikata : the owner of this music hall was a friend of shuichi when he was in high school ... Since I also learnt the sound board and guitar from him, we know each other pretty well.... He is hosting a music show / competition here, he had asked me to enter before our... Fight....

Sumire : ( before the mood turns bad I need to do it) well I checked and the the top 3 are getting cash rewards, even if you get 3rd place you'll get enough money to do whatever you wanted to do!!

Nishikata : the competition eh? It's need to be in a duet or a group.... Can you pair with me takagawa-san?

Takagi : ( what the hell is she doing) ( she glared at her)

Sumire : ( she gave takagi a reassuring look) actually I can't play on that day because I have to visit my hometown that week..

Nishikata : then...