Chapter 25 Sports festival part 1

Look guys...it's Deku!

3rd Person POV-

It was the day of the sports festival and the class was buzzing with excitement and nervousness. Todoroki and Deku were currently sitting in the corner waiting for the festival to start, they were the only ones who weren't nervous or excited. Deku was probably the least excited in the whole school. He just wanted to be sleeping, but he was forced to go to this stupid event and fight. "Who do you think will win Todo?"

"Probably you or Bakugou, maybe me."

"Mmm," Deku hummed in agreement. They could hear the crowd cheering all the way out there. Present Mic announced the start of the games, Deku smiled and they high-fived before walking out there. The crowd cheered and Izuku snickered at Monoma who was bowing and blowing kisses to the audience. "I think you need to straighten you back a little! You look like you're stretching, your fans won't be able to see that you are bowing Monoma!" Deku yelled. Monoma stopped and went to walk over to Deku before Kendo knocked him out. "Thanks, Kendo." Kendo nodded and stood him up facing the audience.

Midnight smiled and pointed at Deku which made him nervous. "Our class 1-A representative- Izuku Aizawa." Deku paled and looked at Todoroki. Todoroki whispered down to him, "It's probably because you were the top scorer in the hero exam." Deku swallowed his spit and nodded. 'This is so fucking dumb!' Deku walked up the podium and looked at the crowd. "I pledge that we will all try our best?" The crowd stood silent for a minute before cheering. Izuku let out the breath he was holding and walked back over to Todoroki. "That was the best speech I've ever made. Right Todo?" Todoroki kept looking at the crowd before smirking a little. "Yeah, the best. I was really inspired just now." Todoroki looked over to Deku and ruffled his hair causing Deku to blush. "Todo!" Deku whined. Todoroki chuckled and went back to staring at the crowd.

The first years moved to the first game- the race. Midnight explained the race and the students lined up. "Ready, set, GO!" The students immediately started running, but Deku stood there watching their backs. He waved and called out to Todoroki. "Have fun Todo!" He then made a shadow cloud and floated above everyone. He could've gone faster, but he wanted to keep an eye on Todoroki. He smiled as Todoroki used ice to stop the robots and people. Deku got bored so he jumped off the cloud and ran beside Todoroki. "That was mean Todo." Todoroki just nodded and kept using his ice to slide across the ice. They reached the next obstacle. In front of them were large stone pillars and a large pit below. Deku made a cloud and hovered next to Todoroki as he made his way across. The rest of the students were close behind the two boys.

When they finally reached the final obstacle Deku smiled. It was a minefield. Deku floated across it and watched as the students struggled to get across. "Having fun Todo?" Todoroki gave Izuku a sarcastic smile before flipping him off and continuing to navigate the field. Bakugou was right behind Todoroki. The two started to fight against each other trying to be first, but they were still tied with each other. Deku smiled before hopping off his shadow and running to the finish line and claiming first place. He stood by the stage and took a nap as he waited for the others to finish. When Todoroki got there he smiled at Izuku. 'How cute.' He crouched down and poked Deku's cheek to try and wake him up. "Mmm... go away devil man." Todoroki laughed and played along. Izuku was still half asleep. "Never! I'll haunt you until the day I die!"

"No! You'll never catch me alive!" Izuku was fully awake now. He got up and ran, but Todoroki tackled him and tickled him. They were both laughing. "Todo! I'm awake now!" Todoroki stopped and blushed realising the position they were in. Todoroki was straddling Deku on the ground. Deku realised this too soon after and blushed. Todoroki got up and held out his hand. "Let's go Zawa, most of the people are done. We're just waiting on like ten more people." Deku took his hand and blushed while nodding.

Midnight announced the next game. It was a cavalry battle where you had to get as many points as possible. Everyone formed their teams and Deku was all alone, but Todoroki decided to stay with him since he didn't care about the points anyway. Hatsume came up to the two boys. "Hey! Can I join you guys? I wanna try out my babies!" Deku looked at Todoroki who was also overwhelmed by her personality. Deku sighed and nodded. "Yay! Look at this baby. It's going to help us float above ground!" Deku nodded and looked over at Todoroki for help. "Okay, I'm going to find a final teammate."

"Thanks, Todo. You're sooo helpful." Izuku rolled his eyes and tried to pay attention to Hatsume's inventions.

A couple of minutes later Todoroki came back with Tokoyami. "Hello, Aizawa. I am here to help. I hope I can help you, although I'm not sure how I can help, but I'll try my best."

"Well we have similar quirks so we can use my quirk for a barrier and every once in a while you can have Dark Shadow attack." Tokoyami nodded and they got into formation. Izuku created a shadow barrier around the team. "Three, two, one, GO!" Everyone turned to Izuku's team and chased after them. Deku used some of his quirk to make the powered shoes have less work to do. They were eight feet above the ground for about five minutes before the shoes stopped working. The teams were waiting for them below. Deku flipped them off before making a shadow cloud and hovering above the teams. Deku stuck his tongue out. He gently made his way to the ground. Tokoyami used Dark Shadow to steal some of the other team's headbands. By now they had 10,001,030 points. Todoroki slid away from the teams and they were now at the side of the arena with no one nearby. Deku smiled and high fived Todoroki as best as he could.

They had enough points to win already with Deku being in first last game, so they decided to just stay put. There was only a minute left in the game. Bakugou came charging towards the team, but Deku's flames kept them away. "Damn Deku! Let me past you fucking shitty nerd!"

"I don't think I will Kacchan, there are only 45 seconds left you should go for someone else."

"I don't fucking care shitty nerd! Let me fucking through!" Deku sighed and let Bakugou throw explosions and Mina shoot acid at the flames. The end finally came and Deku's team was in first while Bakugou's was in second and Shinso's was in third. Deku smiled and everyone cleared the stadium for the break.

Deku and Todoroki walked over to the food stands and Todoroki got soba while Deku got katsudon. "You always get soba Todo." Todoroki playfully glared at Deku. "You always get katsudon Zawa~" They sat down and started eating. "The next game is going to be freaking awesome Todo! We get to fight everyone from different classes!" Todoroki smiled at Deku and continued eating. 'He's so fucking cute.'