Ch. 29 - The Precious Moments

The moment the Boar Hat is in sight, I automatically look up to the roof and the window that belongs to my room. I know that Zeldris wouldn't just sit there, waiting for me. I told him that he can't come back but he refused to listen. My mind knows that it would be better for him to stay away but my heart urges to be near him again. They want different things.

"Alright, everyone go and change into some dry clothes" Meliodas says as we enter the warm tavern. He doesn't need to say that twice because I already hurry up to my room. I just drop the wet clothes on the floor and grab a towel to dry myself. Then, I pick up my old black dress but it's still ruined from Estarossas attacks. I was so in love with the new outfit that King had made for me, that I never fixed the old one. What a bummer, I think frowning but then hear a knock on my door.

"Are you dressed?" I hear Meliodas ask and turn around to face the door naked.

"Come in and I'll kill you."

"So you're not. Mhm, I hate missing out!" Meliodas teases me and opens the door some more. "Here" he says and throws something in my direction.

I grab it and look at it to see that it's a new outfit. "There's no way on earth I'm going to wear this!" I stay sternly when I see the design but Meliodas is already gone.

I look at the pink blouse in disgust

I look at the pink blouse in disgust. I have never worn such a bright color before and both pieces are very short. That can only be an outfit that Meliodas, the little pervert, has ordered somewhere. I drop the new outfit on my bed and check out my old dress once more but no matter how I turn it, there's no way I can fix it. Maybe I should just keep on my wet clothes.
But in the end, I know that there's no other option and I put on the new outfit and hang up the other one so that it can dry.

I instantly earn whistles when I join the Sins downstairs and my cheeks turn deep red.
"Now, that looks really good! Maybe you should start working for me, too when the war is over" says Meliodas and grins from side to side.

"I'd do a lot of things for you but there's no way on earth I'm ever going to work for you."

"Said the same about the outfit" Meliodas smirks devilish when I find out that he had heard me.

"The Captain is right, you don't look bad" says Ban and smirks. He's surely enjoying the situation I'm in.

"Alright, one more comment about my outfit and I'll make sure you guys won't be able to say one more word for the next weeks."

"Aww, you look so adorable when you're threatening us" says Ban with an amused look on his face.

"Ban, you shouldn't push it too far. Remember what she did to the Captain when she was mad at him" says Diane.

"Oh, that was nothing" I say. "I'm mad at him all the time, that doesn't count."

"You really shouldn't underestimate her, Ban" says Meliodas and smirks widely.