Chapter 27 : Rage

Nishikata was walking with Shuichi to the cultural festival

Nishikata : are you sure you want to come? ( his voice and expression felt distant, but he was able to hide it from shuichi)

Shuichi : I'm sure its fine ( it's been so long since I graduated from here and went to harvard) I wonder if Tanabe sensei still teaches here...

Nishikata : oh Tanabe sensei still teaches here... See he's over there...

Shuichi : Tanabe sensei!

Tanabe sensei : shuichi! It's been a while hasn't it..... look at you being all rich and successful..... never looked back at this place after making it big huh?

Shuichi : no, that's not it.... So... do you still carry around chalks?

Tanabe : both of you brothers..... You won't believe how much trouble nishikata causes in the class, but I have good target practise from shooting at you...

Shuichi : ( smug) you never managed to hit me even once though, cause I'd always catch them... ( wait where's yuki) bye then I'll see you later...

Tanabe : (throws a chalk at shuichi with full force)

Shuichi : ( catches it without even looking) surprise attacks still don't work on me...

Tanabe : you never change do you

Shuichi : I don't, bye then Tanabe sensei.

Tanabe : yeah it was nice talking to you... ( he still calls me sensei even after being so successful)

-------------------meanwhile---------------------

Sumire : where were you?! I was looking for you!!

Nishikata : what do you even want from me...

Sumire : just follow me ( I need to get him to Rie, they need to talk things out..... I don't wanna be the one responsible for destroying their relationship)

Nishikata : where are you taking me....

Sumire dragged him around while trying to find takagi and after a few minutes she finally found takagi with another boy

Sumire : finally!

Takagi : oh look who's here ( she said in a condescending tone)

Nishikata : so this is the crap you called me to see.... You've got way too much time.....

Takagi : why have you called me

Sumire : I need to explain everything, it's not what you think it is Rie....

Takagi : what is it then?! What else is it?!

Nishikata :...... ( what is all about....) (he let out a little scoff) I'm hungry, I'll go get myself something...

Takagi : let's see how much of my time you will waste...

Nishikata : ( he immediately countered back) what makes you think your time is valuable...

Sumire and takagi : what?.

Nishikata : ( he doesn't answer and straight up goes to a stall to get something)

Boy : um.... I understand....

Takagi : you what?

Boy : your just using me as a pawn in whatever the fuck yall are doing...

Takagi : yeah.... Sorry....

Boy : you should have just rejected me... ( he leaves away in a huff)